Splendid Auto Monthly - A Motoring Man's Meanderings (Gavin Anderson's Blog)

This is a very good question. One of the reasons they aren’t well known is that they’re not very large (if GG is a micro company, then Matteo Miglia is a tiny company, and Armada would be small), but the Fore was supposed to be the one thing that they had that was mainstream appeal. The other reason is that I never got around to creating a thread for them. Which I’ll eventually have to rectify, but I have a lot to do before that.

Armada is supposed to be making, in 2017 (not all released at the same time):

• The Fore range, which is their all-in-one FF platform from zippy eco-box to stripped rev-box to GTi to trophy hatch racer with engine borrowed from a larger car. The Fore will continue development as the backbone of Armada’s revenue, so long as the hot hatch remains relevant
  • said larger car: Ceres, a midsize FR sedan that would compete with the M4
  • probably: a small i6 coupe which is a remake of the Talon, from the late 70s, an early turbo car
  • also hopefully: an MR coupe which would probably be their flagship, though I don’t have any concrete plans yet because I haven’t backfilled the lore. All I know is that I need this to be there otherwise where the heck is the Lotus clone part of the company :joy:
4 Likes

So a fairly small and focused company then basically? With a definite performance edge to it? Gavin will remember that for next time :wink:

2 Likes

Gavin meets his childhood hero - the Assoluto Crinale.

9 Likes

Ok. So now, where is Porsche 959 Himmel ??? to compare, Mr. Hamm… umm, Anderson? :wink:

2 Likes

Quite a fitting verdict for such an unhinged machine! Once again your writing has clearly hit the bullseye, without a single word out of place.

A rear-engined city car that’s awfully fast; the Conte Pulga RR Sportpackage gets roadtested.

http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/contendiente-a-car-forged-for-you/21453/49?u=deusexmackia
7 Likes

A new review of an old car - it’s the Dolphine Mk. 1 Sprint!

7 Likes

Gavin drives the final edition of the Hodan Okayama.

8 Likes

Gavin drives another budget supercar - the Scarab Ceres SR.

8 Likes

It’s not often Gavin gets to drive a concept car, but when the offer comes along…

8 Likes

The ultimate in Italian luxury; the Zavir Squalo Ultimate gets driven.

7 Likes

Hey, It’s the Ganter Motors museum. We can give a 1953 Ganter Indiana V8 Auto Coupe for testing and showing up.

http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/ganter-motors-co-52-indiana-here/22592/7

Heya @FX04, if you’d like something reviewed, PM me and I’ll add you to Gavin’s list of cars he needs to review :smiley:

Review: 2018 KHT Eau Rouge (Street)

“Hypercar 101”

14 Likes

Literally how I’d describe a 1980s Monolith S76 lorry.

3 Likes

That is… surprisingly correct. Pure maths and engineering approach. A veyron with a different set of goals, and i did not notice that till you pointed that out. Thanks for the review mate!

2 Likes

I agree with you fully. It’s a pragmatic, rather than emotional, hypercar, but still crazy enough to give most drivers a real fright if they’re not prepared.

I don’t remember where, but I did write it long ago - it’s like a scalpel. A very precise tool.

1 Like

A Motoring Man’s Meanderings - Gavin’s Favourite Cars of 2017

16 Likes

Yay, Zavir got mentioned! :smiley: I like the idea of a subjective press summary :slight_smile:

1 Like