Splendid Auto Monthly - A Motoring Man's Meanderings (Gavin Anderson's Blog)

Car Shows

Automation Detroit Auto Show 2017
Gavin’s first outing on the forums.

Geneva International Auto Show 2017
Gavin head’s to Geneva for a whole host of test drives, including a special Merciel rally event, a drive in the DSD Saratoga and a special review of the upcoming Saminda C2000R.

Antiyita International Motorshow 2017
Coverage of one of the world’s up and coming motoring shows, including exclusive drives of the new Sachiuri Sagitta, Zavir Luna Spider and Baltazar Quasar Hatch.

Tokyo Motorshow 2017
Gavin flies out to the far east, with reviews of the Merciel Verona JR4 and the Scagliati LaSerenisima

North America International Auto Show 2018
It’s back to Detroit for Gavin, with the focus being on GT Coupes and Trucks, the latter of which he still has no idea about.

Geneva International Motor Show 2018
Showcasing the latest for the European market this year, Gavin drives the new Montes Roadster, Caliban Thunder and the LMC Scylla GT

New York International Auto Show 2018
Gavin’s in the Big Apple to get the low down a slew of new luxury SUVs revealed at the 2018 show.

Other Motoring Events

Automation D - Stage 1
Otherwise known as Gavin Anderson’s Japanese Excursion.

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017
Coverage of the prestigious performance-focused event set in the beautiful south of England.

Reviews

Shootouts/Multi reviews
Shromet Vs Cavallera: GT Car Shootout
“~£50k to spend, 2 door GT car in mind - which to choose?”

Sports car shootout: Sports car shootout: Zenshi-Cavallera vs KHT vs Baltazar vs RJM
“Hunting for the best out-and-out sports car you can buy for under £50k”

Midsize Performance Sedan Reviews
2017 Rennen Angeles R
“You don’t want to like me, but you kind of have to, because I am better than the rest”

2017 Bonham Chaucer Brooklands (Estate)
“Stiff upper lip by day, steroid induced adrenaline junkie by night”

2017 Zenshi Altrea Newman R
“Because whatever you do in life, you still want to be driving something that looks - and feels - like it just came out of NFSU2”

2017 Sachiuri sLR200
“I’m the pint-sized beast from the east, here to ravage your expectations and wave the Anikatian flag”

2017 GBF Bellua SR8e Strada
“I’m a £30k supercar and you can bet your ass I’m going to make sure you know that.”

2017 Calvinator Superwagon Offroad 4x4
“We need not stick to any rules or guidelines for making cars when we are already the masters of our craft!”

2018 Vinson Devotion Sportback Concept
“The V12 ain’t dead, though it’s ended up in a strange place”

2018 Contendiente Enemigo S
“Don’t judge a book by it’s cover”

2018 Merciel Corsaire GTE
“French race car on an English road - that surely should mean something, but all I know is that it’s scaring me to hell”

Albury CMS-20T and Harris RMA-4
"“One’s a work horse, the other’s a hit-and-miss”

2017 Himmel E.O. Florio GT-N
“The German’s ought to realise painting a car orange doesn’t count as making it ‘fun’”

2019 Contendiente Victoria S (semi review)
“A Sportscar Oddity”

2017 Armada Fore (Birdie and Eagle GTi)
“The automotive version of the neighbour who always organises the community bake sales and never asks for anything in return”

1988 Assoluto Crinale
“Ignore those who say don’t meet your heroes, they’re missing the point”

2018 2018 Conte Pulga RR Sportpackage
“Who’s idea was this anyway?”

1964 MMM Dolphine 1.9 Sprint GT
“Midlife crisis step 1: buy a fast car from your childhood”

2017 Hodan Okayama FE
“Dazed and confused”

2017 Scarab Ceres SR
“The question is: are you willing to settle for store-brand ketchup instead of Heinz?”

2017 RJM Eden Concept
“The Koreans have made a Mac Pro with wheels and seats and painted it blue”

2017 Zavir Squalo VII Ultima
“It’s an Italian luxury saloon. Of course it’s going to be incredible”

2019 Conte Enemigo S Touer
“It’s the motoring version of your friend who always finishes 4th in Mario Kart”

2018 Kimura Auburn - SXt, LCt and KR-R
“Because someone has to provide predictability in the automotive world”

2018 Bonham Fleming V12 Drophead
“Oh for crying out loud, just LOOK at it”

2019 Zenshi GT 4.8 S
“It might not be wearing a Tom Ford suit, but it’s wearing a suit nontheless”

2018 Kishiwo Katoya Colour Convertible
“An accountant who doesn’t even know how to drive a car could design something with more refinement that this dull, messy creation”

28 Likes

It’s great to see that you have compiled a link to all your previous reviews in the first post of this thread. So how will you develop it in the future? And once it is possible to export cars made in the UE4 release, will you begin reviewing those as well?

Wherever work is available, Gavin will be there.

4 Likes

A new review! This time, it’s the Sachiuri sLR200.

8 Likes

#AutoThoughts - Promising Startups and Sad News from Japan

A round up of opinions on some of the stuff that’s taken Gavin’s interest on the forum recently.

11 Likes

The Contendiente Enemigo gets a spin, and Gavin gives his thoughts.

http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/contendiente-a-car-forged-for-you/21453/43?u=deusexmackia
7 Likes

AutoThoughts - Racing Challenges and a new tech-focused company

A round up of opinions on some of the stuff that’s taken Gavin’s interest on the forum recently.

13 Likes

A Motoring Man’s Meanderings

Sports car shootout: Zenshi-Cavallera vs KHT vs Baltazar vs RJM

KHT Augusta SL vs Balatzar Zeppelin Helium 2.0T vs RJM 13R Track-R vs Zenshi-Cavallera Seriyu Sport

“Hunting for the best out-and-out sports car you can buy for under £50k”

It’s been a bit of a while coming, but at last, here we are! Cheers to @squidhead, @Leonardo9613, @titleguy1 and @Grandea/@ramthecowy for lending me your cars.

16 Likes

I’ve read this so many times about all the different KHT cars that I think it should be in the slogan. Thanks for the reviews mate, good read! Also yeah, in company lore, the Augusta was created for track day enthusiasts, with the help of track day enthusiasts’ feedback on Adelaide. It all fits nicely!

5 Likes

I came at it from the same approach as I did with the other cars. Had this been a track day car review, it’d have been no competition :wink:

Thanks for the reviews! Thankfully, the car you have is a bit of a pre-production model… Changes can still be made to give it the standard non-air suspension of the base model. :wink:

2 Likes

But did you use the JDM spec SL version or the regular one? Casuse IIRC 334 hp is the toned down version.

Aw shit I had no idea this was happening! I would have jumped in on it for sure!

2 Likes

That was an enthralling contest! I wish I’d sent in either of my competitors to those four, though.

The Baltazar being the sane, serious and most comfortable offer, not a huge surprise :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@squidhead The SL trim, it was the most roadworthy of the lot imo :wink:

@strop and @abg7, if you want stuff reviewed, send it in to me and I’ll put it on Gavin’s schedule!

@Leonardo9613 I dunno about entirely “sane” tbh. Saner than the rest of them here

5 Likes

Review: Merciel Corsaire GTE

“French race car on an English road - that surely should mean something, but all I know is that it’s scaring me to hell”

Thanks to @Dorifto_Dorito for lending me the car!

9 Likes

Review: Albury CMS-20T and Harris RMA-4

“One’s a work horse, the other’s a hit-and-miss”

Thanks to @abg7 for lending me the cars!

9 Likes

It is worth noting that since this review was posted, both cars have been revised somewhat, and ought to be available with both the 1.6T and 2. 0T engines. But your reviews have once again hit the spot, and I will use your feedback to improve the pair further.

In particular I’ll most likely give the Harris more grunt and, more importantly, much more distinctive (but not repulsive) styling, which it needs more than any mechanical upgrades.

Review: 2017 Armada Fore (Birdie and Eagle GTi)

“The automotive version of the neighbour who always organises the community bake sales and never asks for anything in return”

Cheers to @strop for lending me the car!

12 Likes