2016 Pike Peak Hill Climb Results posted

OK so after hosting my first challenge and getting a feel for a small time challenge I am about to endevour to bring you the Automationions the PIKES PEAK HILLCLIMB (sponsored by A.N.Z motors inc)

So the track can be found here http://discourse.automationgame.com//automationdiscourseuploads2.s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/2X/9/9c1d18db8a610f45dcd15221939b5183c3537cb3.zip
Many thanks to strop for creating her.

There will be multiple classes
Individuals can enter a total of 6 classes
A team of 2 can enter all classes

Just like the DRC i will run each car up the track, however before doing so I will calculate from 20 dice rolls what penalties are given out. Penalties will simply be a time deduction from the total track time. Each car will run the track 3 times and I will take the best Average calculated time.
detailed rules are here

PLEASE NOTE THAT PUTTING WINGS ON THE BONNET LOOKS LIKE CRAP AND I WOULD PREFER IF ENTRANTS DIDN’T

The classes will be as follows.

All vehicle are to be 2016 trims (older bodies and tech can be used but the trim must be 2016) this doe not apply to Nostalgia Class
All costs are BEFORE the factory trims please do not muck about with the factory settings as they do not transfer ATM
OPEN BETA PLEASE
MODS MUST BE ON STEAM

Factory vehicles- stipulating that vehicles entered are sold to the public
0-2 Litre engines FWD,RWD,AWD
2-4 Litre engines FWD,RWD,AWD
4-6 Litre engines FWD,RWD,AWD
2-3 Litre i4 pickup truck 4x4

Total Build cost must not exceed 18500 No carbon fibre parts (includes body, chassis, wheels and brakes)
Max power 500hp
Must be a sell-able vehicle in any region
No pushrod suspension
Max exhaust noise 50 or under with cat (not highflow)
engine reliability must be 50 or better
total reliability must be 50 or better
Max fuel usage better or equal to 15L/100km and use premium 95
must have safety of Advance 10’s
tyres must be hard long life and must be under 285 ( however for the 2-3L pickup must be chunky offroad)
NO sequential gearboxes
Must have minimum cooling +10%
interior quality slider must be 0-15+ (driver assists and safety are not effected by this rule)

ENTRANTS
0-2L
Maesima Devina ST coupe

Bogliq Neo Sport

F.O.A Pike’s Viper

Asdren Aguila RS20 WINNER

gilb0140 Torpedo

marcus817 XS-2

Maesima Prova Tz

Maesima MRZ-3 Xz

sillyducky Fahzeug M1

2-4L
Bogliq Barracuda

marcus817 XS-2PM

ANZhotrods Bull Shark-W

Maesima MQX-4 GX

4-6L
Bogliq Shelob

ANZhotrods Bull Shark B

DHB Sotae SLb Limited

4x4
Bogliq Ranchero Sport

F.O.A Rollcage

ANZhotrods FARM TRUCK

DHB Pioneer CX

Race prepared Vehicles - these can be one off designs specifically suited to Pikes Peak
2-4 Litre AWD
4-6 Litre (Naturally Aspirated) RWD pickup truck ( mid engines are permitted )
4-6 Litre (Turbocharged) AWD

Total build cost of $35000 cannot use carbon fibre chassis
must have 1 straight thru muffler
No max power output
No pushrod suspension
Must be built on spaceframe
engine reliability must be 25 or higher
total reliability must be 35 or higher
Max fuel usage 27L/100km and must use ultimate 100
must have safety advanced 10’s
must have 0% bottom out
must have less than 15% wheel spin
suspension quality must be +15
tyres must be soft compound road with a max width of 335
must have minimum cooling -10% and must have over 1 Kj/s brake cooling

ENTRANTS
2-4L AWD
Nomade0013, Gama Racing, Gama P25T

one85db, Amperage

sillyducky Fahzeug M1 race

4-6L PICKUP
OMG, Statik

4-6L TURBO AWD_

lordvader1, no company given, Moon

Bogliq Fox GTO

F.O.A Enforcer

gilb0140

OMG Buad

marcus817 XXP-1

Nostalgia- specially prepared racing vehicles from 1949-1969

must be built on ladder chassis
engine capacity must be 1-5 Litres
DOHC can only use 2 valves, SOHC max 3 valves
must use race intake
must use semi slick tyres no greater width than 255 and rims no larger than 15"
must use minimum safety for the era
must have zero cats/mufflers
must have 2 seats total
must use minimum cooling +10%
cannot have any driver aids
AWD is banned
cannot cost more than $18500 in 1969

ENTRANTS

lordvader1, company not yet given, mark 1

Bogliq Coyote RSR

One85db Voltiac

F.O.A Marauder

gilb0140, torpedo

I will stipulate that the LeMans style bodies will NOT be accepted.

I will have all of the final rules and regulations in place by or before 15/5/2016

All entrants will be reviewed either here or on a new topic pages made for the results and reviews (this would all depend on the number of entrants total)

I would really appreciate your input peoples

ANZ Crossing Oceans since 1946

1 Like

reserved for competion

When naming please use this guide
Model design-your username
Trim design- The name of the vehicle
Engine family-the class the car is to compete in (ie 0-2L factory vehicles)
Engine Variant-The name of engine

When submitting entries please word your PM’s as so
Name of message-PPHCyourusername
I will need your team name and which companies have been used links are preferable
If there are any special options etc with the vehicles I ask that you write a small write up of these features when PMing myself.

I also please ask that no times be given on this forum until the challenge has completed

All of my vehicles are available to be used for this challenge and can be found here

The open cars page

The official reviews and results will be posted here. thank you to lordvader1

This sounds pretty good. Can we use mods in this competition?

A couple of notes:

Maybe you shouldn’t call it inaugural, as I did that to test the track in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you sure you need the tyres to be off road? This is the 2012 onwards version which is 100% paved. I built in a turbo advantage due to the altitude affecting NA more, but that meant I couldn’t actually factor in the road quality (which seems to be very good in general).

Aha info that i need awesome I will make a few more remissions tyres will be changed and inaugural will be removed thank you strop

If you want safe cars, you should also limit the slider on safety.
What if we do not have a company in sharing forum?

I dont really want to limit it too much so if you want -15 safety you can so long as 10’s advanced is used (its just for me more than anything for the reviews as in a modern day racer safety is always taken in to consideration however it is usually a far stripped down version of a road car (while still being far better)…when was the last time you saw a race car with airbags?)

If you do not have a sharing company I would recommend taking the time to create one however you can use anyone’s vehicle so long as you have their permission first. If you do not wish to do these you can enter in the race prepared vehicles as these do not need to be in the sharing forum.

I have put a link to my company if anyone wishes to use my vehicles For this challenge only

i’m guessing the cars from the “open source” thread are also allowed?

yep not a problem but please send me a link to the particular vehicle when PMing me. I have also added in the rules section that this is open beta

If anyones willing to team, i can do an engine for each class and you can do the chassis, than we can both tune off of that. Ive never done a challenge as a an actual team before. Ive always loved pikes peak.

Pm me!

maybe, but maybe not that way, what say i give the stock car and you modify it?

IRL the cars entering PPHC is forbidden to have ANY mufflers, cats and straight exhaust only.
But thats In reality. The turbos is mostly enough to dampen the noice.

alrighty

1 Like

ok so i have streamlined it a little i just really needed to get my ideas on screen to see them.
I have added a nostalgia class, detailed section on dice penalties and added lordvader1’s sharing section and updated the team rules. Please Please Please (let me let me let me get what i want this time :notes:) read the rules peoples and start building a few proto types to see if the regulations need to be structured differently

So, this is a 1949-1969 body built with 2016 parts, or all built in 49-69 and then switched to 2016 to check the price? I don’t quite understand what you mean by “…use the 2016 price to calculate this”.

aha thank you for pointing this out. Ok so build your vehicle in the year you want ie 1957 model 1957 trim when you have completed the vehicle change the trim date to 2016 this should update the build cost in the overview screen. abit of mucking about but I think its the easiest way without everyone having to do maths incase thats not their thing

Ive played about abit and have decided rather than having to revert forwards and backwards in time (and losing a few cars along the way as I went back a year too far) I will just have a set price on all nostalgia vehicles of $18500 cost in 1969

1 Like

about 4x4 race cars . do you mean 4x4 only, or can AWD be used too

Good point, currently 4x4 only affects your offroading status and isn’t used in the track simulator, only the rear two wheels are driven. You wouldn’t drive 4x4 on ashphalt road anyway, would you?

So that probably ought to be adjusted too.