Automation Beginners League - season 82/83 drawing to an end!

For me it was gearing, had to keep them close to not drop out of boost on shifts or on tight corners.

1 Like

Yeah that is the Problem with the narrow power band . I think that is one of the reason why i habe so much boost pressure but low horespower. My main aim was a somekind drivable engine with a nice 80-120 time. My car has high Aero setting and a high aero quality to reduce the drag.

1 Like

That race was quite close and served as the perfect way to close out the 70s! Now, as we enter the 80s, I for one am anxious to find out what rule changes will be implemented…

1 Like

You will know them soon, don’t worry :wink:

2 Likes

Here are the pics of my troublesome Duck

If anyone is interested I sent ram some additional info about the car so the charts can be updated (I find them fascinating, looking at different approaches)

EDIT:
as far as I can see, my performance numbers are among the worst. Luckily engine power is not everything in GH :smiley:

3 Likes

Yup, edited those in, looks like you do have the top speed advantage @AirJordan :grin:

That single km/h oh yeah got one win!
Judging by the numbers I’m really impressed with 2nd place. I think power band comparison could be nice…maybe next finale :wink:

1 Like

Bring on next season so i can enact my cheeky breeky plan!!!

2 Likes

Here comes the poll for track 6 of the soon-to-come 1980 and 1981 season!

• Spa
  • Suzuka
  • Daytona International Raceway

0 voters

We will leave this poll running for 3 more days. Meanwhile the ruleset will be released and the result of this poll will be edited in.

NOTE: Spa here is the modern layout, not the 1947-1978 version.

9 Likes

Welcome back to the ABL, it’s time to meet a whole new decade! Now, it’s round 6, it’s:
#1980/1981!

##Rules * Hatchback body (according to game body selection filters) ([color=red][b]NB: rally inspired bodies not allowed[/b][/color]) * Front engined, front wheel drive only * Maximum cost is $10,000 at 0% markup * Minimum weight 775kg * Regular fuel (91 RON/87 AKI) * Advanced safety required * Maximum 235mm wide tires ##Banned stuff * Lips, wings and undertrays * Negative quality sliders * Rallye or race inspired bodies ##Engines
Maximum engine capacity 1600cc
Maximum cylinder count 6
Aspiration Natural only
≤ 4 cylinders DOHC allowed
> 4 cylinders SOHC only
Minimum reliability 25
  One baffled muffler

##Winners punishment
@MitsubishiFan, @nialloftara and @Newtonmeter, your cars must use medium compound tyres. @laffinghyena and @Xoury, you are limited to sports compound.

##Don’t forget to read the OP for the constant rules!
(eg minimum cooling required, headlights+taillights+handles required, etc)

##Tracks

##Deadline
14th of May, 23:59 CEST

Send in your cars to @frankNStein. As you already know, cars should be named like this:

> Model: ABL80/81 - Username > Trim : Brand (optional) - Model - Trim (optional) > Family: ABL80/81 - Username > Trim: Engine Name - Trim (optional)

We reserve one day to discuss and finalize the rule set and penalties. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. As always, feedback on the ruleset, the presentation, the layout, anything is welcome.
Have fun, and wish you all the best of luck! :grin:

11 Likes

This is a total change of pace… the FF hot hatch wars of 1980/81 will be unlike anything we’ve seen before!

3 Likes

MY PLAN!!! IT’S SLIGHTLY RUINED

5 Likes

Veerryyy niiiceee :smiley: like for the rules

Half of the field under penalty…and I’m just sitting here putting slicks on my car :wink:

4 Likes

Don’t worry, John, we have a gift for you (and some others) the next round (82/83) :wink:

2 Likes

Sees “Maximum cost is $10,000 at 0% markup”
Why the Price Drop?

For two reasons :wink:

• to keep it more in the spirit of ‘beginners’. (The lower price limit won’t stay forever though)
  • it fits the theme. cheaper, less powerful cars. classic hot hatches.

Actually, 3 reasons. Decision making is different too. Do you need that fibreglass body or can you go a bit overweight? :wink:

5 Likes

i think i may have a good car for this…

hint, it’s an LMP :wink:

Poland stronk! Poland can back about racing! PZS be prezent dis Littel Wampir! :smiley: Be fear for mightyest race car of ever!

4 Likes

Ohh nooo. But again a nice challange. I think that will shuffle the whole grid. Medium Tires sound awefull I like it. First thought was… I know which body i will usw, then…No rally…Awwwww.

Overall you guys took away so many of my Favorit toys…Aero\Turbo… Something like a tiny (800ccm) enigne would be funny, hmm :wink:.

2 Likes

so, the cars must be set to be in 1980 or 1981?