Hot hatches thread

Yeah it is indeed AWD and its turbocharged, it has a 2 litre Turbocharged i4 making 280hp, that is 50 more hp than the original Pulsar GTi-R.

2 Likes

Formidable stuff back in 1992 - comparable to a contemporary R32 GT-R, and in fact it would be a few years before an STI or Evo would make that much power in real life.

With that drivetrain configuration, surely it has to be a Group A homologation special like the STI and Evo were? After all, on the outside there’s nothing to suggest that it isn’t.

1 Like

1992 SAARLAND KOSMOS 2.0 SR

Just like its predecessor, the Adjunkt, the new for 1992 Saarland Kosmos had some performance variations, mainly the ES and the 2.0 SR.

The 2.0 SR was the “warm hatch” version. The 113 hp engine was the top of the range alternative from the sedan and wagon versions of the Kosmos, but in the hatchback you could only get it in the SR. Cosmetically, it had many similarities with the top of the line ES version. It had the “sportier” front end without upper grille but with larger bumper grille that incorporated foglights. It also had the wider front fenders, colour matched exterior plastic parts and 15 inch alloy wheels with low profile tyres that the ES had. What it didn’t have was twin tailpipes (but the single pipe was larger than on other trim levels of the Kosmos), neither did it have the front and rear spoilers of the ES.

Some parts were made of lighter materials (for example plastic or aluminium where you found steel on lower spec models), just like the ES, and the battery was moved to the rear for better weight distribution. It had sports tuned suspension, close ratio gearbox with “sporty” (but less economical) gearing, 4 wheel disc brakes, variable ratio steering rack and a semi clad undertray. What it didn’t have from the ES was a limited slip differential, and of course, the power output was lower. The steering wheel was the leather wrapped one from the ES, but it had regular cloth upholstery and not the half leather/velour trim from the ES.

Performance was adequate for its era and class. 0-100 km/h took 9.1 seconds and it had a top speed of 214 km/h. Quartermile was done in 16.86 seconds, 80-120 in 6.24. If you wanted to go faster, you had to go for the ES.

4 Likes

The 1990 Lupa Engeria 2MR Turbo, a Group B rally beast
its almost as crazy as the 200kb file size

4 Likes

2002 Blaire Albatross VS 3-door

13 Likes

PZS Mistral 1.9 GLS

(the yellow one, I’ve realised I don’t have its front pic, so have a pleb non-GLS instead)
Big engine, small hatchback, so I guess it counts? 1976 Polish compact with an Italian 1.9 DOHC I4. 106 hp and 922 kg make it a frisky combo, with a sub-9 second 0-100 time. Too bad it has a solid axle in the back :stuck_out_tongue: Wanna know more? Head here: PZS - 1976 Mistral II - #3 by Hshan

4 Likes

Nice car, but group B was dead by 1990.

3 Likes

In that case it would be a rallycross car, hillclimb beast or even a Dakar Rally racer, as many real-life Group B cars ended up becoming after the category was abandoned.

2 Likes

Not-So-Hot 2006 Taimania Hatchy 1.0 Base 5-door

11 Likes

Love the back window treatment :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

Kinda warm hatch…

19’ Meguminshi Magna 1.0 GSRx

Pictured with Meguminshi 1.2 GSX (Behind)

5 Likes

Dietrich-Keller-Werner 1300 TI a 1984 hot hatches .

2 Likes

Matsuma Neo-R aerotop from CSR147

5 Likes

But can this still be considered a hot hatch when it doesn’t have one? :thinking:

Couple of Hot Hatches I made in 4.1, Volkswagen Golf GTI 16v + Aether Sirius GT-Turbo

6 Likes

You have put in so much effort into their exterior and interior design that remaking either or both of them for 4.2 is a no-brainer.

1 Like

I’ll remake the Golf if the Delta body is added to 4.2

This is my first stab at a hot hatch.
I designed the car I want, not the car I deserve or can afford. So there were some must-haves:

• Quality sliders left at zero
  • 2+2 seating
  • Low size and weight using mass-production methods (no billet) and materials (no magnesium)
  • 1.2g skidpad
  • Full double-wishbone suspension
  • Rear longitudinal boxer engine (leaves frunk, tunnel, and upper trunk as cargo / fuel areas)
  • RWD with sequential gearbox
  • Cd < 0.3
  • Roll Angle < 3 deg

With the engine I had but a few rules:

• Has to run 98RON, 14.7AFR, with modern cat
  • No stress flags on the dyno
  • Maximum power for the given engine bay length (width was surpringly not the issue)

Engine specs (common):

• AlSi Block and Head, lightest crank, rods, and pistons
  • 5 valve/cylinder with VVT, DI per cylinder
  • Exhaust has hi-flow 3-way cat but no mufflers

Engine specs (4-cyl):

• 1.74L Twin-Turbo Boxer-4
  • 10.2:1 Compression
  • 294hp at 8800rpm, 240.8lb-ft at 8500RPM

Engine specs (6-cyl):

• 1.83L Twin-Turbo Boxer-6
  • 7.2:1 Compression
  • 455hp at 8,400, 291lb-ft at 7,900RPM

Car features (common):

• Aluminum semi-space frame with aluminum panels
  • RWD 7-speed gearbox, geared LSD
  • Sport tires (P235/45R17 front, P275/40R17 rear)
  • Vented disk brakes (2-piston front, 1-piston rear)
  • Electric Variable Power Steering
  • Full double-wishbone suspension with active sport springs, semi active dampers, passive sway bars

Car specs (4-cyl)

• 1409kg
  • 0-60 5.47s
  • 60-0 32.7m
  • 1/4mi 13.86s
  • Vmax 182mph
  • 9.6L/100km
  • Approximate Cost $44,600

Car specs (6-cyl)

• 1405kg
  • 0-60 5.7s
  • 60-0 32.7m
  • 1/4mi 14.10s
  • Vmax 189mph
  • 11L/100km
  • Approximate Cost $52,600
3 Likes

Lets go for the Non turbo version instead :wink:

2015 Otari Tempest GTH

TV Inline 4, FWD, 2.0i 16v, 157hp@6300rpm

3 Likes

With the mechanical specs you’ve given us, I think it’s more of a track-focused coupe than a hot hatch, and it should therefore be more appropriate for this thread.