Journey of ownership 1 - Discount Elvis - Part 1D (finals)

Open for everyone except for the host, just like every similar challenge like CSR, AGC etc…

5 Likes

Okay, entries are open till 28th of June
Good luck to everyone
(Yeah, everyone can participate in this round, not only the participants of the previous one)

2 Likes

1986 Auzenne 18 Procyon

Experience the fastest that France can offer (in 1986), now just for $22,000!

(Complete with an Torsen LSD, 4-wheel disc brakes and a premium sound system from Alpine!)

6 Likes

1984 Régal 142 Sport

This is the 1st gen of personal performance luxury car from Régal. This entry trim is the last iteration of this generation that started in '77 and has the sport package added - for less than 22,000 it’s a pretty good value: 1.8L I4 with 125hp, 4 speed manual, 0-60 in 9.19s, 4 premium seats and a very balanced suspension.

With good fuel econ, the reliability you expect from Régal, and the practicality of a sedan, this 2 door wonder does it all.

Welcome to FUNLAND!

5 Likes

1984 Brampton 3500PP (Police Package)

What you have here is the Brampton Mk.3. An executive car first introduced in 1976 then facelifted in 1982. This particular one is 1984 and is a 3500PP. PP stands for Police Package. It’s a decommissioned cop car. So it has cop tyres, cop suspension, cop shocks, etc. Painted in white because that’s how they be.

It has a 200hp 3.5-litre Fuel Injected V8. It’s bloody rapid is what it is. How bloody rapid? Stansted, Essex to Kensington in 34 mins while carrying an organ rapid. Try it, mate. It’s bloody fast.

10 Likes

1981 FMC Alpine

This one is the base model, with a few corners cut but there’s a nice V6 under the hood.

Even the base model came with nice alloys, sport tires, 4-wheel disc brakes, a sporty fully-independent suspension, and quite a bit more

The engine still produces 162 HP, and a healthy mound of torque down low.

Still, it has the panache of much more expensive Italian rides, and still handles as well as most of them, if not better. On sports tires, it will pull 1.09g!

The interior, though spartan, gets the job done with vinyl bucket seats and a nice digital cluster.

The Alpine, despite the cost-cutting measures, squeaks by at 21,900AMU, but at least you get a lot of sport for it. Weight is just a tick over 2,000 lbs, so the “add lightness” option remains checked, it seems. Aluminum panels over galvanized steel will do that. Nice to know it won’t rust, despite being a penny-pinching effort. Plus, it looks good in whatever trim it comes in. Rosso Metallic Flake shown here.

3 Likes

you know it’s what you want. The 1983 Valiant Laser S

8 Likes

An SD1 clone? Me likey!

The 1986 Axxus Sabre SE

Premium, without all the extra premium.

3 Likes

One week (and 12 hours) left for your entries.

So far I have made two test entries in anticipation of a possible entry into this round. One of them is rather like a Sierra Cosworth, but lighter (strut front/semi-trailing arm rear, 2.0L turbo I4); the other is reminiscent of a contemporary pony car (3rd-gen GM F-body or Ford Fox-body Mustang), right down to its live-axle rear and normally aspirated pushrod V8. Ultimately, though, I’ll have to go with the one that I feel suits me best in the event I actually choose to enter.

were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes were not mercedes

1986 Riemann 250S RTA

Whilst the 250S was known for being a sort of Up-Market luxury coupe, many didn't expect Riemann to launch an RTA version of if shortly after revealing said car.

The 250S RTA is equipped with a 3.8 Litre V8 producing around 230 powerful horses; but don’t worry! it isn’t just fast in a straight line, thanks to a soft but sporty suspension, the 250S handles great in a circuit!

Fitted with a RTA-only bodykit to differentiate yourself from other 250S’ (aswell as some bragging rights over others).

Its interior is as comfortable as how it is in other 250S models, whilst still looking stylish and modern. Fitted with a Paonner™ sound system for all your ear candy needs.

16 Likes

1984 Wolfram Wolfhound 3.5 GT

No, it’s not the fiery Twin Cam, but the GT’s 180-bhp single-cam engine is fast enough for a 1.25-ton sports coupe - it’s good for 0-60 in 7 seconds and a top speed of 140 mph. A close-ratio 5-speed manual gearbox and geared LSD help get this grunt to the ground with ease.

With 4-wheel independent suspension (strut front/semi-trailing arm rear), 4-wheel vented disc brakes, 15-inch wheels wrapped in high-performance tires, and a carefully sculpted aero kit, the Wolfhound GT is as adept at carving corners as you would expect it to be.

Inside, you’ll find a premium sound system with 4 speakers and a cassette tape player. The GT package also includes genuine leather trim (in a variety of colors, with optional two-tone finishes) and power-operated windows and heated seats, all for $22k AMU (in 1984).

2 Likes

1981 SUMA Selecta

BE SELECTIVE.

Available now! The new-for-1981 and still-in-production SUMA Selecta is the perfect modern, capable, and compact sedan for all family purposes. With 90hp under the belt, RWD, 3-speed automatic, and a full suite of passenger options pre-installed, it’s a weekend warrior both fun and practical. Not to mention the solid rear axle and locking differential; it might be unconventional, but when you’re thinking of that country camping trip, you’ll be thankful it’s there!

Don’t think it makes any compromises, though. Since 1981 the Selecta comes equipped with hydraulic steering and all-new brakes and safety equipment, making sure YOU and your entire family can drive easily and with peace of mind behind the wheel! Top it off with excellent mileage and an EXTREMELY great value at only AMU$12,000, the Selecta can’t be beat in bang for your buck!

Call in the next 20 MINUTES for ZERO DOWN!!!

4 Likes

Less than 48 hours left

1986 Legion Mora RS15

Lore

In the 1970s, Legion UK’s lineup saw a shift from domestic, British-designed models to Japanese, Homura-sourced cars. Legion was at this time working on moving it’s lineup towards FWD, but due to the state of both the British and global economy, parent company Turból deemed it more financially prudent to halt Legion UK’s FWD platform development and to badge engineer FWD Homura products instead. The timing worked out. Homura’s range of French-inspired, boxer-powered FWD cars were hardly exciting, but were practical and economic choices that kept Turból’s European operations viable in a difficult time.

Entering the growing B-segment in 1974 was the cutely-named Legion Squid. Featuring FWD, flat 4 engines, and fully independent suspension with McPherson struts up front and trailing arms in the rear, Legion UK was given the greenlight to produce a stylish, sporty liftback coupe variant. The Mora was introduced in 1979, with similar mechanicals, but with a wider and lower stance under a crisp modern design.

The cheap and cheerful Mora continue sales through the 1980s, performance increasing all the while, especially in range-topping RS15 models with the 1.5 liter engine with forged internals, proving popular in lower classes of touring car racing and rallying. Some major updates in 1986, where both electronic port fuel injection and ABS became part of the RS15, high-tech features both called out in the RS15’s not-so-subtle badging.

Additional Photos

12 Likes

So very lazy apparently

I crammed a V8 in this for fun, watch me get binned for high svc and probably unrealistic styling.

Zephorus Divertimento

8 Likes

I see Foxbody Capri DNA, sweet!

smc

Just a roar of glory, to reveal the driver you are.

Reveal the fire of the rallye inside yourself, with the limited-edition '86 Alpharia Rallye. Specifically built for Group A homologation, this version of the Alpharia has unique features allowing it to swiftly dart across any road, but still keeps it’s hatchback versatility. The fuel-injected boxer engine has been radically redesigned, with forged components and a 16-valve race head, so you can rev into the sky - and to 100 km/h in just 6.5 seconds. A limited slip differential and significantly larger 15-inch alloy wheels allow the Rallye to overcome any surface it faces, tarmac or dirt track. Despite the strict weight management of the model, it features Munot’s new Traction Restraint System, and an improved fuel cutoff system for peace of mind, and the interior is no less comfortable than the standard Alpharia, anti-theft cassette stereo and all.

Be warned though - only 5,000 of these will be produced, and Alpharia production is ending soon. Don’t miss out on this piece of future history!

MSRP: $22,000.

Automobile Munot AG - Uniquely Swiss.™

5 Likes

The Onaria GT230i Tourer has everything a man would ever want in a family car.

Comfort? Check.
Usability? Check.
Price? Check.

It also has everything a man would ever want in a sports car.

Style? Check.
Speed? Check.
Handling? Check.
Sweet Straight-6 Noise? Check.

Onaria. For The Fast Life.

Get a brand new GT230i Tourer at your local Onaria dealership for just 2200AMU*!

*dealer markups may apply

5 Likes