QFC28 - Barbie [FINALS DONE]

just to clear up, since sunday is the 30th and the 1st is next tuesday, do they open sunday or tuesday?

I know there’s no competitive advantage to doing so, but will cars be binned for using less than 95 octane fuel?

I would assume that because it would break the rule of only having 95 octane fuel, then it would be illegal and therefore binned. I don’t think there is any real reason to not use 95 in this challenge.

Oops, we’ll go with they open today

3 Likes

You want something that looks good and you look good in, but you want more than that. You want a car that has substance, that people look at it and know that you know what you want, and that you live for adventure. That’s why you need…

…the Cygneoie Friseurin 2.5

5 Likes

1999 LVC LCS 2.0

If you want a sleek, stylish, yet affordable roadster with the performance to match its looks, you could do a lot worse than the LCS 2.0. Starting from just $15,000 AMU, there are plenty of reasons why you should give it a try.

Powered by a high-revving naturally aspirated 2.0L inline-four mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and geared LSD, the LCS 2.0 can scoot from 0 to 60 mph in just 6.5 seconds and reach a top speed of 150 mph.

With its track-honed control-arm suspension front and rear, as well as high-performance tires and 4-wheel vented disc brakes with ABS, the LCS cuts up corners in a manner that would put more expensive cars to shame.

The LCS 2.0 also comes equipped with alloy wheels, dual front airbags, variable power steering, a CD player, air conditioning, and a manually retractable soft top as standard, with options such as leather trim and lightweight sports seats available at extra cost.

So, what are you waiting for? Head to your nearest dealer and book a test drive to find out - you won’t find more smiles per mile (or dollar) anywhere else!

Interior

2 Likes

1999 Yajirushi Kenso

For cheerful, playful and effortless motoring.

Gallery

10 Likes

I can’t believe that the Kenso’s front end bears a vague resemblance to that of an Aston Martin Virage V8 Vantage (except with smaller, more rounded fixtures, and only a single lower grille without auxiliary vents on each side).

Since I’ve never submitted to a challenge before, how are missing mods handled? Do I need to DM the host a link to my Steam Workshop modlist or will Automation tell them which ones to get?

I’m sure it’s the latter.

Also, after trying out several other options, I was ultimately convinced that what I ended up submitting (the LVC LCS) was the best choice for my entry - fingers crossed it does well in the end.

Auto will tell you, but honestly if you’re hosting challenges and don’t use one of the complete collections it’s on you, so I wouldn’t worry about it as a competitor (unless it’s the legacy bodies because they can have issues and are often banned).

1 Like

Automation will tell me if I’m missing any, I’m subbed to everything apart from a few people’s personal badge mods. So there should be no issues anyway.

Legacy bodies are not banned for this challenge, I believe the ones that are broken are to disadvantage.

Is the Barbie-mobil US or EU spec?

I’m assuming the cars must be US-spec, and I designed my entry with that in mind.

There is no particular preference on specs here.

2 Likes

1999 FMW ZK24

A continuation of the previously introduced Zukunft concept, the new ZK24 is a stylish, small and sporty Roadster. It introduces a new rear multi-link suspension architecture, as well as variable power steering. Power comes from a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder, driving the rear wheels exclusively through a 5 speed manual gearbox, for the ultimate driving experience.

9 Likes

1999 Tarquini Millerosa CCD

Introduced in 1999 the Millerosa is a quirky rear engined convertible.

This model is powered by a 1.2L I4 engine making just over 100hp, but thanks to it’s small size and light partial aluminum body, the Millerosa still manages to be fun. Coupled with a 6 speed advanced automatic gearbox, it also gets a great fuel economy of 5.2L/100km.

The CCD trim also comes equipped with a sporty body kit as well as alloy rims, disc brakes on all wheels and ABS.

More pictures

4 Likes

1999 Ibis Anodus

Originally a drop top option on the RWD Kestrel compact—with “mysterious” packaging issues that forced the removal of the backseat according to the engineers—its future was placed in question once the FWD Kestrel finally materialized for ‘95. Ibis’ solution, however, was simple. They would simply spin the Anodus off as its own model on the old Kestrel platform and use that as a basis going forward. The '99 model marks the first Anodus as a genuinely independent model. “Mysterious” packaging issues included.

6 Likes

BetterDeals returns with another masterpiece.

Oppenheimer and Barbie were released very close to each-other, so I thought that it would be a good idea to mix them. It wasn’t a good idea.

Meet the BetterDeals Oppenheimer! A car powered by a nuclear reactor, with an extra engine in the back just in case it stops working!

Hmm, unusual amount of grain on that picture. Wonder why. That’s the reactor, wonder if its related.

Some may be wondering why it only has 2 seats. When we attempted to put more on the “car”, passengers were experiencing nausea. Even now we have the issue, we believe the issue to be from getting carsick from how fast it is. Recommended driving time is a max of 2 hours, longer sessions may cause throwing up, lumps, visits to the hospital, crashing, and in some cases death.

Unfunny joke

the nuke car… was dangerous?

15 Likes

One final question - what mods include retracted convertible roof fixtures? I tried searching Steam but surprisingly I get no hits. Also, since I plan to submit a car I was designing already which has its own lore, rather than one I started specifically for the challenge, will it be binned if the engine variant year is 1996 instead of 1999?