Regular Coupes (not sports cars or supercars) thread

In 1969, Yamaguchi launched the 417, a very simple sedan for a low price.
But they lacked a top model for the brand, and the Italian sports car company Cavaliere Nobile did not have an entry model.

Both teamed up, and the Italians increased the power from 72 to 91 horsepower while giving the coupe a sport suspension, a five-gear transmission right out of their sports cars and a really expensive interior.
This is definitely the most exclusive way to drive a Yamaguchi. After two years, in 1971, it was presented with the Cavaliere being the fancier one, while Yamaguchi sold it with a four-speed, a less fancy interior and slightly more comfortable suspension.

The car was not a top-seller, but overall sold with pleasant revenues. This was one of the very first cooperations between the Japanese and a traditional brand from Europe.

6 Likes

I recently decided to update the LVC LF2 for the latest 4.3 open beta build - it’s now an '89 model year car, with the engine being updated accordingly.

This time, the remake was an answer to the question: “What if the Attainable Icon Challenge were open to two-door, full four-seat (not 2+2) coupes?”, in which case I could (and would) have entered this updated version:

Unlike the original, this one has a treated steel chassis, cast mid headers, a heavy aluminum/silicon block, 15" alloy wheels, and ABS - yet it still comes in at just $16k after adjusting the techpool to match the requirements of that challenge. It’s not much heavier, though, and still has struts up front and semi-trailing arms at the rear.

The interior design is completely unchanged from the original build; engineering-wise, it’s still a standard item with a mid-range cassette tape player, as before.

The third brake light is taller than before; this, combined with the smaller rear spoiler (non-functional due to consisting of a single body molding fixture), has made it more visible from the rear.

Most of the fundamentals of the original version remain unchanged, however: the engine is still a 2.0L flat-four (albeit slightly less oversquare), and it still drives the rear wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox and helical LSD (although with adjusted ratios to improve performance and avoid a reliability penalty).

Update (December 14 2023): After the release of the 6th Open Beta patch, I have revised the LF2R once again, with retuned suspension, smaller wheels, and narrower tires to dial out unwanted oversteer, in addition to shifting the weight further forward. Here it is:

4 Likes

What would this he akin to IRL? The detail is great.

The nose brings to mind an early Ford Sierra (with its futuristic bottom-breather grille), but the full-length wraparound rear light bar is something the Sierra didn’t have. The LF2R is a notchback coupe, whereas the Sierra was only available as a liftback at launch.

Wells 600 LC Vogue

3 Likes

Enter the new millenium with the all new ETR Echelon. Luxury, agility, and flamboyancy redefined.

The Echelon will deliver anything you could ask for in a sports coupe. It can go fast and take corners while you are still in your comfort zone. And on top of that, you can be confident about turning everyone’s heads when you fly by.

The Echelon comes as a coupe or an automatic-hardtop convertible.
There are 3 trim levels: The normal trim, comfort trim and the sport trim.
(only the comfort trim gets the convertible option)
And there are 3 engine options: 2.0T, 3.0NA, 3.0TT
(in the same order as the trims)

The Echelon is a rwd based car. Only the sport trim comes with awd as standard.

Notes:
The cars which are in the pics are the comfort :orange_square: and the sport trim :black_large_square:
I kinda included it in the title but the car is basically my brand’s enterence to 2000.
The car is literally a direct competitor to the audi TT which is a car I love irl.
It took 8 hours to make (approx). Probably the most detailed car I’ve ever done. Including the interior. I’m pretty confident about this one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1976 Volkswagen Brasilia COTS Edition

I mean it DOES have 2 doors

7 Likes

that’s a hatchback, though

That’s a hatchback but also suuper cool.

I’m trying to get back into making companies with the current campaign version, and this is attempt number three for me with 100% competition, 100% engineering time, just a small land plot with a tiny factory for the car (no engine factory), no money and base techpool of 0 across the board. And I decided this time I would actually make a basic design for the car. So presenting: the Illa Gastella & Company (IGC for short now) Torenia 1200 coupe.

3 Likes

2005 AMS Acolyte 3.5 GT

Originally made for Cool Wall 6.

1 Like

The 1970 Hikaru Katana HT ACT V3

(Aragan export version which ecplains the LHD on an RHD car)

In 1970, Hikaru J.K.G. introduced their third generation of the venerable Katana family of small coupes. A highly affordable car for its abilities, priced at only around 9500AMU, it featured an open differential and a 1.8L SOHC 8V Inline-6 producing around 95HP and accelerating to 100KPH in 11 seconds, and going on to just under 200KPH. With two seats and plenty of cargo space , alongside a soft suspension, the car wasn’t horribly uncomfortable for its price point.

Seen as ‘the car your mother would approve of’ around the world, it didn’t gain a reputation worth any credit, but its big brother with a Dalluhan designed 2.7 litre I6 certainly did. It was common to see the 1.8L model on the road, but nobody paid real attention to it - until they found out how fun it was if they installed an LSD…

7 Likes

This is the 1973 Burnside Bahama. It’s a mid-size personal luxury coupe with a 5.8 liter OHC V8 making 184 horsepower, a 3-speed automatic, a ladder chassis, and a front-longitudinal rear-wheel-drive layout.

This particular model has the Palmer appearance package. Palmer was originally a performance parts manufacturer that made high-performance variants of some vehicles. However, the only thing that makes this trim different is its paint and its price.

It is a good bit shorter than most comparable vehicles from this time, like the Pontiac Grand Ville that I mostly used as inspiration, as well as the Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Mercury Cougar.

It drives alright, the main problems I found while testing in BeamNG were excessive wheelspin and bad brakes, which are a problem on most of my cars.

3 Likes

1980 KMA K650 V12 5.0 and 1995 KMA K660 V12 6.0

The boxier K650 is the first of the two cars shown here.

Newly revised for Fast for Four - I’m placing it here because it’s not actually a dedicated sports car, but a grand tourer, and one with 4 full-sized seats and a spacious trunk.

This is a Euro-spec model - a Federalized version would have had catalytic converters (to run on regular unleaded), a full set of side markers (amber up front, red in the rear) and sealed-beam headlights as standard (at least until 1985).

The original version was made for JOC3C, but this new one dials back the techpool and quality to fit under the new cost caps.

K650 Interior

The '95 K660 was the replacement for the aging K650, and incorporates more advanced technology than its predecessor, including air suspension, dual front and side airbags, a CD player, and a 5-speed automatic gearbox, all wrapped up in a stiffer, more aerodynamic bodyshell for an even more luxurious feel.

This more recent build was originally created for HYF1.

K660 Interior

3 Likes