Tom Henks Racing Series [Season 6 Finale results]

Today’s stream is live! Race 1 in round 3 is about to start THRS Season 3 - Round 3, Race 1/2 - YouTube

1 Like

Alright, today’s race is over! It’s been a long one but we got through it eventually.

Today we saw another winner, namely Aisha with the Jidosha! This means we’ve had 4 different winners in 5 races, and what made the Jidosha such a fantastic car on this track was its incredible front-end bite as well as perfect damping to absorb the bumps in the second half of the track.

ImKaeR came 2nd, followed by Minos, Random41 and TCup. This means that overall, it’s likely going to end up in a duel for 1st unless a disaster happens to both Minos and ImKaeR.

I believe that Random41’s 4th place overall is probably safe too since the GAZ has performed consistently well after the 1st race, whereas the Scarab has dropped off a bit in recent races, and Cliff Road is a track that I think suits the GAZ more than the Scarab due to its more balanced handling.

That said, we will have a fierce battle for 6th between Adarall, Tez and Aisha. Although the Valdez is genuinely a good car, unfortunately it can’t match the rest of the field so it’ll come last out of this group. But it did make it past both elimination rounds, so that’s definitely nothing to sneeze at!

Join next Saturday to watch the season finale! The next season is already in planning and should release fairly soon after this one ends.

5 Likes

The season finale will start in just 1 hour from now!

I’m live! The season finale will begin shortly. THRS Season 3 - Round 3, Race 2/2 (Season finale) - YouTube

The race is over, the season has concluded. After things went very poorly with the first car on Cliff Road, I decided to race on Asphalt Hillclimb 1 instead, still at Italy and still a long track.

As far as the results, the top 3 were extremely close. In fact, the field of 9 seems to be split into 3 groups of 3 cars each which are close to each other but with a bit of distance to the adjacent group(s). Minos narrowly wins this one, ahead of Adarall and TCup. Without brake fade I’m sure it wouldn’t have been this close.

Crucially for the overall standings, however: ImKaeR only came 6th. This means that Minos is now the overall winner, 6 points ahead of ImKaeR who is another 6 points ahead of TCup.

20 points behind TCup is Gridghost, barely edging out both Adarall and Random41 who are tied for 5th. Aisha, Tez and Nocturne make up positions 7-9, but keep in mind we started with 15 cars so coming 9th overall is not a bad showing at all for Nocturne.

I hope y’all enjoyed this season as much as I did. We had a great variety of cars, and it was highly competitive from the first race to the last. I hope this’ll also be the case again next season, I think the ruleset should facilitate it. Of course I’ll post them here when I’m done with everything, but there is still preparation work to do. Stay tuned, and see you next time!

5 Likes

Announcing season 4

This time we’re doing Group A style touring cars in 1992! In real life, there were multiple classes and performance tiers that fell under Group A regulations that never raced against each other, but here we will have 3 classes competing directly against each other. Thanks to lots of testing and careful track selection, me and my mods were able to figure out a ruleset that’s loosely based on the real FIA Group A regulations of the time but with some adjustments here and there to make sure that cars from all 3 classes can be competitive.

RULES

Year (for everything): 1992
Body type: Sedan, Wagon or Hatchback (x)
Body year: 1980-1992
Body and chassis materials: any
chassis type: monocoque only
Engine position: Front
tech pool: +5 on everything
(x) Banned body: “Storm_90s 1988 Coupe”

1. Engine:
  • Type: 4-8 cylinders, any configuration (I, B, V)
  • No VVL
  • No turbochargers
  • max. capacity: depends on group, see below
  • Fuel: Super Unleaded (98RON)
  • 0 ignition timing
  • three-way or high-flow three-way cat required
  • max. loudness: 70
  • min. reliability: 50
2. Trim:
  • Drivetrain: FWD or RWD only, no AWD or 4x4
  • Gearbox: Manual only
  • Tyres: Radial Semi-Slicks, max. width depends on class (see below), +3 quality
  • No active wing, no cooling flaps
  • Cooling Airflow: 50+
  • Must have at least 2 full seats
  • Safety: minimum safety of 45
  • Approximate cost: up to 50.000$
3. Advanced Trim Settings:
  • on the Engine tab, Engine Position X, Y and Z may be adjusted by -5~+5
  • also on Engine tab, Exhaust Sportiness and Intake Sportiness can be adjusted as you desire
4. Aero:
  • 1 lip + 1 wing/spoiler attached to the front bumper are allowed
  • 1 rear lip/diffusor + 1 rear wing/spoiler allowed (for wagons/hatchbacks, placing the spoiler/wing attached to the rear edge of the roof is also allowed)
  • No aero fixtures anywhere else
  • No modular wings/spoilers allowed this time
  • Fixture width shall not exceed car width (aka no ludicrously big wings)
5. Classes:

a: max. capacity 2000cc, minimum weight 840kg, tyre width up to 205mm, rim size up to 15"
b: max. capacity 2500cc, minimum weight 960kg, tyre width up to 215mm, rim size up to 15"
c: max. capacity 3000cc, minimum weight 1080kg, tyre width up to 225mm, rim size up to 16"

6. Submissions:

DEADLINE: April 1st, 6pm CEST. Submission window: 25th March - 1st April, 6pm CEST
Only cars submitted via my discord will be accepted . To submit, drag and drop your car file (Automation car files only) into the “community-challenge-files” subchannel. You can name your car and engine however you like, there are no naming conventions. Only 1 submission per player is allowed, no resubmissions. So please make sure your car meets all the rules before submitting the car. The deadlines will be generous enough to allow for thorough testing as well as double-checking the rules are met, and there will be no need to rush your entry. Collaborative efforts are allowed, but as stated before only 1 car per player is allowed, so if you submit a car that you built together with a friend then you (or your friend) can’t submit another car in addition to that.

For the races, the format will change starting this season. Due to a change to my work schedule, I will no longer be able to stream every Saturday so instead I will record myself racing these cars when I have time and then I’ll upload an edited video with the best run from each car. Below is the target schedule for when each video would go live (still one per week, at least that’s the target for now).

Tracks:
Round 1:
Lakeside Park Bus Stop Circuit April 8th, 6pm CEST
Hirochi Long April 15th, 6pm CEST
Round 2:
Laguna Seca April 22nd, 6pm CEST
Road Atlanta April 29th, 6pm CEST
Round 3:
Nürburgring GP Sprint circuit May 6th, 6pm CEST
Imola May 13th, 6pm CEST

5 Likes

A V8 with 3.0L displacement or less could well be OP in terms of weight distribution and power output, so I propose reducing the maximum cylinder count to 6. Also, why not allow 2-door coupes in addition to 4-door sedans and wagons?

In our testing we found no meaningful advantage from going V8 rather than V6 even in the 3.0L class. And since these cars are inspired by the Volvos, Alfas, Audis and BMWs of the 90s touring car scene, no coupes this time around.

5 Likes

Very nice - count me in again! (I’ll have to fudge lore by a few years, but that’s ok)

As a nice coincidence, people might even be able to reuse their CSR 151 entry (1997 tarmac rally car) as a foundation, depending on body choice ofc.

Coupes would have a small aero advantage, and banning them nicely avoids supercar submissions in the process…

Qfc19 cars might be a good base too

Where can we download lakeside, nurburgring, laguna seca and imola?

I got them from this BeamNG forum post: Race track collection | BeamNG

4 Likes

1995 1992 Mara Asteri Group A

Let’s pretend it’s 1995 lore-wise…

2 litre I4 engine, FWD, 360 hp - what can go wrong?

8 Likes

1992 Scarab Flare ST-R, 440 HP, FWD and hopefully not an undriveable mess :wink:

4 Likes

reminder: submissions are still open, and they close tomorrow at 6pm CEST

The 1992 H Motors 2.0i Challenge

208hp, 2000lbs, ready for comp!

2 Likes

is anyone going for anything other then group 1? kinda want to make something for b or c but idk if there would be anyone else in the class

I’ve gone for class C myself

If I have enough time to finish one, I have something to try for class B

My car is B-class, almost spot on 960 kgs :smiley:

1 Like