Zero Expectations Racing Cup (COMPLETE)

Excelent! I shall present those puppies then!

The red one is a 1985 bumper car converted to be a Kei car, it features a 550cc Turbo I3 engine pushing 145hp coupled to a CVT so it sort of hides under the carpet it’s horrible turbo lag… (That’s the one who requires the 40% rear hub stiffness trickery)
ZERC_-KamikazeF0X-S-_Minuscule_Kei.car|attachment (37.6 KB)

The second one is inspired by the Paris-Dakar vehicles and is a huge racecar, weighing about 2.3t, it moves thanks to a 1860hp Quad Turbo V16 running on LNG… Top speed got limited from 402kph to only 380kph, so I could save up some money for the budget limits!
ZERC_-KamikazeF0X-R-_GigaCruiser_Racecar.car|attachment (47.8 KB)

I have, just in case if you decide to refuse any of those cars, a 3rd option

7 Likes

Previously, on “Crypt Trolls LS”:

- LS’s summary of attempting to drive my last entry.

- Selected quotes from the one person brave and/or stupid enough to actually do a full lap.

- Actual reaction to the previous quote

So how do I follow this up on the previous troll? What do I do next?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NB: It’s a .zip because I can’t upload any audio file types

… What the hell was that noise?

Oh god oh fuck.

It’s back.

So, how can I torture LS today? I can’t make the last entry harder to drive, really. I can’t change that too much, I am done there. Instead… I can find another way to make it even more annoying. With a high pitched engine, a CVT and some creative engineering… I can make LS’s ears bleed.

E

7 Likes

PRIMUS presents

The factory has some cars to lend out. One is a 2004 Turismo GTR - stylish, sufficiently comfortable, good to handle. The other one is a Japanese-spec Astrona, modified for race tracks. Although it has only a bit over 250 horsepower, it will be fast - refitted with modern technology and another rear axle from a JDM Super Turbo model.

3 Likes

:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang: 1 WEEK REMAINING :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

Two pieces of advice for everyone: firstly, even if you are completely positive that your car is fully compliant with the rules, check over it anyway; you never know what kind of trivial oversights could bite you in the ass and get you consumed.

Second, a new patch just dropped, with the most relevant change to this challenge being the updated tire physics. I have no idea what exactly has changed, but I recommend you still check to see how your car drives, especially if it has rally tires, since those were said to suffer from grip roll.

That is all.

5 Likes

car

5 Likes
2026 AT GOOBER MK1

| <700kg |

| Enough Downforce That Matches 2x Its Own Weight |

| Powered By A Fucking Block of Radioactive Plutonium™ |

| 7 speed race seq. gearbox |

| The Ultimate Conclusion of Man-Machine Harmony* (Figuratively and Literally) |

Get It Now On Our Website And Dealerships Around You;

AT-motors.com/view/GOOBER_MK1

AT motors, we can (not) make gud cars

*ANY CLAIMS OF TEST DRIVERS MELTING TO THE CHAIR DURING TESTING FROM PROLONG EXPOSRE TO UNHEALTH AMOUNT OF IONIZING RADATION WILL BE SUED AND AN HIT-SQUAD WILL BE DISPACED TO YOUR CURRENT LOCATION TO HUNT YOU AND YOUR DOG DOWN
11 Likes

The lore states that it’s powered by a plutonium-fueled fission reactor. That reminds me of the Lizard/Danver Nightmare from Ridge Racer Type 4, but that car had a thermonuclear fusion reactor instead of a fission-based one.

Anyway, since Automation doesn’t support any form of nuclear propulsion, what kind of engine did you put in the Goober? I’m guessing a twin-turbo V8, V10, or V12 of some sort.

As for aesthetics, it reminds me of a modern equivalent of a late '90s GT1 racer, especially considering that it’s most likely built on one of the '95 Super Wedge body sets.

Nah its not even a reactor, the board of directives thought it was too expensive so its literally an block of unshielded plutonium. Don’t ask how it worked the engineering department had to do a few human sacrifices and some dark magic bullshit to make the car to even start

4 Likes

Do question about emissions. It seems the recent update has removed them and all my cars now say WES0. Do we still have to meet the emissions, or have they been moved somewhere I haven’t seen?

Theyre now in the graphs tab and do display there correctly, trim or engine tabs, although this one is compacted. Overall trim summary bit is still broken though.

2 Likes

personally, i just look at the emissions level from the engine stats tab
much less complicated that way

i have lost it: all mental stability

ZERC_-Djadania-_BetterDeals_HPD_Death.car|attachment (88.5 KB)

5 Likes

oopsie daisy

I just discovered for the first time how utterly broken the F1 bodies are in Beamng, as they are horribly unstable and will be unlikely to last for more than a minute of hard driving. I hate to have to make a last minute rule change, but all open wheel mod bodies are banned.

Out of my own self pity, I’m extending the deadline to 2024-02-02T04:59:00Z. If it’s an entirely 3d build, find a body with an identical wheelbase and transfer the fixtures to it, but keep in mind it might gain around half a ton in weight, and that you might have to make more adjustments to it because of this.

fuck me

7 Likes

i have single-handedly delayed the challenge (half handedly actually)

1 Like

2000 Spider Turbo 700 T. Road Rage.
~700 HP and torque, watch the world get blurry when it spools.

2 Likes

despair

NGL hope my stock Dakar blows you outta the water. This is what people want! My base specs Dakar’s got you beat boooy… Althogh this new update has changed the suspension and i submiited before the update. GL all!!!

I’ve played around with a whole range of ideas for my “Road Car” entry, but inspiration has finally struck in the unlikeliest of places!

Scraping my formula student for more trolling is the best decision ever

It’s a good thing I didn’t enter a single-seater this time - I preferred to update my PAIN entries (both of which were ordinary road cars) instead.