His Highness Demands
What is it?
His Highness Demands is an ongoing (for a while) challenge, that will follow the communist monarchy, (the only one in the world), Semyonovia, through 2 different rulers, 5 decades, 3 wars, and 1 rebellion. Your goal will simply be to become the remembered Semyonovian car brand. Not a Semyonovia-based manufacturer, but one (whether German, American, British, or anything else) that is the favorite of the Semyonovian people.
Where is it? (mostly lore)
On the map:
Semyonovia, looks like this:
- Persktokt is the capital, with a population of (in 1950) 238,921 people.
- Tekntoz is the second-largest city in Semyonovia, with a population of 135,734 people.
- Seydotzt is the third-largest city, with a population of 73,166 people.
There are many smaller towns and villages throughout the country.
For precision, if there are needed word decals on a car, i.e. a Semyonovian police car, flip the letters vertically. That’s it. No super complex language rules.
Semyonovian Monetary System:
Ok. The Automation dollar-to-Semyonovian Daktoz is simple:
- Divide the Automation price of the car by 7.
- Then, (since Semyonovia is full of little, cobblestone roads), apply a “wheelbase-tax”. Add your car’s wheelbase length, (in inches) to your final price. So watch how long your car is!
Gevketovt II, born on November 4th, 1919, grew up as rightful heir to the Semyonovian throne. At the early age of 8, he showed a love for cars. Specifically the American racers and later the pre-WWII European sportscars. But sadly, Gevketovt I disliked automobiles in every way. So much so, that he banned them from Semyonovia. Thankfully for this challenge, Gevketovt I died on September 28th, 1949, which meant that Gevketovt II could finally un-ban cars. Which he did.
The Challenge Itself
His Highness Demands Round #1:
The year’s 1950.
Cars are here.
King Gevketovt II has declared that, along with cars getting un-banned, he is also looking for a partnership with a manufacturer, to try and get a car in every Semyonovian driveway. Rumor has it that the desired car is a rugged, dependable station wagon…
His Highness Demands Round #1 Rules:
- Must have a respectful reference to the Semyonovian communist monarchy somewhere in the car, i.e. calling your car the “Whatever-bit-here Persktokt Special”, after the capital, or something about the design, colors, ads, etc.
- Trim year has to be 1950. Model year can be older.
- Maximum loudness rating of 40.
- Maximum Total PU is 100.
- Maximum Total ET is 50.
- No ‘limited production’ or ‘no mass production’ parts.
- Minimum Drivability is 28.
- Minimum Safety is 24.
- Minimum Practicality is 20.
- Maximum horsepower is 240, max torque is 270.
- Must be able to run on Regular Leaded fuel, if you can get down to Low Quality, that’s definitely a good thing!
- Minimum seating is 4.
- 1 muffler is mandatory.
- Unless the car is incredible and only about 100 Daktoz more, budget is 1,100 Semyonovian Daktoz at a 0% markup. See “Semyonovian Monetary System” for details.
His Highness Demands Round #1 Judging Criteria:
- “Commuter Budget” or “Family Budget” demographic score in Hetvesia.
- Service costs.
- Wagon body type. Sedans will work well too.
- Fuel economy.
SubmissionsCar name/Engine name: HHD1 - username
Trim name/: Car name
Engine trim: Engine name
Submissions Close at 2/10/2019
Feel free to suggest anything or ask for clarification.