|Side Quest| Chad Touring Cup |AutoBeam|

Hey another quick question how does one stop the wheels from coming off the ground? Can this issue be fixed with stiffer suspension, sway bars, roll angle, etc.?

2 Likes

Does it tend to roll when turning? I had that problem on a car a while back, I just switched to less grippy tyres

2 Likes

Hold up a second if the wheels have more grip doesn’t that mean the wheels should stay on the ground more?? idk what roll means so idk if the car I’m driving rolls. Anyway, I switched to wheels with less grip and now the car spins out ceaselessy

2 Likes

You’ll get the unloaded wheel lifting during cornering if the suspension is too stiff. What is happening is there isn’t enough travel on the springs to keep the wheel on the ground

1 Like

Mori Tiger GT4

A fast GT4 car, 2007, it wins 5 races, geting a world champion

4 Likes

Hyone M2.Concept-GT4 (2007)

The M2 (sort of copied from BMW, ignore) Concept features some futuristic yet old school design so it should stand out from the rest (hopefully). Car never made it into a race as this again is the concept. Too lazy to do livery, hence why it’s a concept.

3 Likes

2007 BSC Arrow

My first entry is a lightweight fibreglass coupe with a high revving V6 engine

Technical Specifications
Length 3.91m
Width 1.72m
Wheelbase 2.27m
Weight 980KG
Chassis steel monocoque
Panels Fibreglass
Front Suspension Double wishbone with gas mono-tube dampers
Rear Suspension Double wishbone with gas mono-tube dampers
Front Brakes 300mm ventilated, four calipers
Rear Brakes 300mm vented discs, single caliper
Steering manual rack and pinion
Front Tyres P235 50R16 99Y Radial
Rear Tyres P235 50R16 99Y Radial
Engine 2597cc V6 with sequential multi point fuel injection and performance intake
Transmission six speed single clutch automated manual with geared lsd
Power 244bhp@7000rpm
Torque 268NM@4900rpm
2 Likes

2007 EV-lution Type B

My second entry is a bit of a bare design tbh, but it’s supposed to be a converted kit car so that’s my excuse for it being plain.

Technical Specifications
Length 3.73m
Width 1.87m
Wheelbase 2.33m
Weight 1150KG
Chassis steel monocoque
Panels Fibreglass
Front Suspension Double wishbone with gas mono-tube dampers
Rear Suspension Double wishbone with gas mono-tube dampers
Front Brakes 275mm ventilated discs, four calipers
Rear Brakes 275mm ventilated discs, single caliper
Steering manual rack and pinion
Front Tyres P225 50R16 99S Radial
Rear Tyres P245 45R16 101S Radial
Engine 159kW brushless motor with integrated motor controller. 20kWh litium ion battery pack mounted in rear engine space.
Transmission single speed reduction gear with geared lsd
Power 159kW motor
Torque 305NM@0000rpm
2 Likes

Is this standard steel, or a fancier type (galvanized at least)? And does this apply to both of your entries?

Also, from the spec sheet, I can infer that you used the !ev! modifier for the Beam portion, but the pictures show that it’s built on the smallest of the '98 Stradale body sets (~2.3m wheelbase) - the same as the one I used for my second PAIN entry, but presumably in a different bodystyle (targa instead of fixed-roof coupe).

1 Like

It’s the fixed roof inset variant, it’s the same style as the targa one though.

They are both plain steel, for that sort of “rust from inside” thing you get from a lot of fibreglass cars :joy:

Edit

Also I didn’t realise your car was built on the stradale body, you’ve managed to hide the square back of the car

2 Likes

The use of regular steel for the chassis of both your entries makes sense - it’s meant to save costs.

As for disguising the usually angular rear of the Stradale body sets, I adjusted the rear corner morphing zones to make them more rounded, and placed a body molding fixture on the upper edge of the rear end in 3D fixture mode to make it resemble a lip spoiler - the same trick I used for the LVC LS60, except that the LS40 I entered in PAIN has two circular taillight lenses instead of just one.

1 Like

1 week to go! @mart1n2005 i’ll check your cars soon, quick question though. Do electric cars have any advantage?

electric cars give disadvantage, making your car extremely slow

2 Likes

Alright, my final entry. Basically a Porsche, but i tried to alter some stuff to not make it too much like a Porsche. It’s good :+1: It has an NA Inline 3, so I hope it will surprise some people on the track.
The car is run by Team Texoline.

4 Likes

That’s why although the !ev! modifier is permitted here, it wouldn’t be advisable to actually use it.

1 Like

Due to the reduced amount of entries in this challenge, a few options have opened up for me, the runs, and the video.

Should i make 1 minute reviews in the video instead, and use longer tracks? All advice is useful!
(I don’t mind a more relaxing challenge for once, that even 1 person enters means more than enough lmao)

2000 Mara Asteri Group A

Aiming for GT4, but finding leftover, but perfectly serviceable Group A racing cars from the 1990s…

… even with true racing pedigree

Just have to chop off / replace some aero, cheapen out some $10000 worth of parts, what can possibly go wrong?

2 Likes
6 Likes

Wait a second. Kotatsu? As in the warm table? Looks great though, love it. Expect a possibility of 2 10s on styling and maybe even an 11.

1 Like

ah my bad lol the 2nd one was from the other brand, edited it just now

1 Like