QFC23 - Mafioso Motoring [Results out!]

Those are some big comfort and prestige scores.

We aim to please. :sunglasses:

I thought my V12 Biturbo car would be the most extreme in terms of stats and price, but there is always someone going even further…

1995 AMS Ventnor V12 6.0 Ultimate

Behold the most opulent car of our time. Will you be ready for it?

What’s so special about the Ventnor V12? For starters, it’s packed with more tech and luxury kit than you can shake a stick at, including:

• More brawn than Mitch Buchannon - The Ventnor’s all-alloy 6.0L twin-cam-per-bank 48v V12 delivers 425 bhp @ 5800 rpm and 438.5 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm for effortless cruising at any speed. Mated to a 5-speed automatic gearbox and limited-slip differential (both of which are electronically controlled), it’s good for a top speed of nearly 200 mph and a 0-60 time of just 5.5 seconds - enough to outrun paparazzi, rival gang members, and even unsuspecting street racers. Wide tires and large-diameter ABS-assisted vented disc brakes help keep its ample power under control at all times, providing a cossetting and smooth driving experience unmatched by any other luxury car currently on the market, anywhere, at any price, while a high-strength steel chassis clad in high-quality treated steel bodywork improves rigidity while minimizing corrosion.

• More brains than Stephanie Holden - The Ventnor’s world-class in-car multifunction entertainment system includes a top-shelf 8-speaker stereo with a built-in equalizer, AM/FM radio, cassette tape deck, and CD player. In addition, we’ve fitted some of the most advanced technology any car can have, including four individual heated and cooled seats, fully active all-independent suspension (dual wishbones front/multilink rear), dual-zone climate control, a hidden in-car cell phone, a GPS-based navigation system (with a full-color LCD screen and support for routes and destinations in dozens of countries around the world), six airbags (driver and passenger + front and rear side), four hidden heated/cooled cup holders, two retractable picnic tables, a refrigerated rear beverage compartment, and an in-dash TV in the center console, plus a hidden VHS player with IR headphone support and two additional screens mounted in the rear of the front seat headrests. It’s more than enough to keep even the most jaded occupants entertained, even on very long drives.

• More beauty than C. J. Parker - Every flagship luxury car needs to make a statement, and the Ventnor is no exception. Our design team has given the Ventnor head-turning styling from any angle - and for all the right reasons. The Ultimate trim level comes with chrome accents along the lower bodywork, window frames, headlight and taillight lenses, exhaust tips, and door mirrors, ensuring that it will get noticed even from a distance. Its standard-fit 18-inch alloy wheels come in a variety of designs and finishes. Customers can also choose from a wide range of exterior colors in solid, metallic or pearlescent finishes (two-tone and/or custom colors optional), applied using the highest standards in the industry. On the inside, you’ll find the finest hand-made car interior known to man, with genuine wood, leather and metal trim available in a multitude of color combinations as per customer request.

At $70,000 AMU, such opulence doesn’t come cheap, but then again, hardly anything in this rarefied segment does. So what are you waiting for? Book a test drive and find out what the VIP experience is really like… because you’ll receive first-class customer service - forever and always, it’s always here!

More pics

13 Likes

The most dedicated abg attempt I’ve seen yet, but the tougher the competition, the better.

2 Likes

Just as I wanted. I actually reused some of the flavor text from my ad for my CSR142 submission - but that car was made in 4.1 and is therefore non-canon. Besides, said flavor text is much more appropriate for the Ventnor V12 and its features.

Tell us more about Jay’s chauffeuring style and skill. Is he more the “don’t try this at home” type a la The Transporter, or more of a typical driver?

@abg, I like your style. But how do the rear doors open?

1995 Van Zandt Capstone Grand

Subtle elegance and refined engineering are the trademark of the Capstone. Van Zandt’s premium sedan boasts a turbo-charged V6 engine that delivers a smooth 283 horsepower (consistent over the range of 4200rpm to 5600rpm). The car packs a 5-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel-drive, gliding up to 180mph and zeroing to 60mph in 6.1 seconds.

Inside is a handcrafted space of luxury - a deluxe CD radio and selective air control system inset in polished wood paneling, care-stitched leather from quality Texas hides selected live at the Fort Worth Stockyards, and accommodations perfect for driver and tourer alike with next-century safety and driver assist, adaptive suspension, hi-tech alloy wheels, and simply no end in absolute performance.

The Capstone Grand is the perfect nexus of beauty, power, and discretion.

-~-~-~-~-~-

7 Likes

Jay is like most drivers whenever nothing is going on. However, if there is any sort of threat, he will not hesitate to push the car to its absolute limits.

As for experience, he has a lot of getaways and chases under his belt, so he’s pretty much able to pilot anything with wheels and an engine, though having an easier to drive car will make the margin of error in case he does make one much larger.

2 Likes

Anything to add to the lore regarding the operation area of Jay? (Or am I missing something? :D)

I’ll keep it at “Generic big American city with a significant crime rate”. Alternatively, you can interpret it as “Somewhere in Gasmea”.

I originally wrote it in my own world lore, however, it would have been extremely cumbersome to detail that out for QFC and then suddenly have everyone’s brands appear in some odd world.

3 Likes

I’ll just put generic US size plates on then. :smiley:
Thx for the reply

2 Likes

I can smell the min-maxing from a mile away…

Presenting the…

1995 Canmo Condor Andes

Created to introduce a new generation of Condors, the 1995 Condor Andes is a stretch version of the regular powered by a bespoke 6.0L V12 and lined with a super luxurious hand built interior.

Canmo used knowledge gained from the Super Sprint of the 1980s to create the new all aluminum V12. Making 470hp, it propels the large sedan to 60 in 5.8 seconds while returning 16.5mpg. Inside, there is full seating for 4 - the rear compartment sports massive legroom with 2 armchair like seats, while an occasional seat called the pigeon stool folds out when needed to face the other two thrones, perfect for business meetings and business interrogations. All for $43,600.

11 Likes

What is min-maxing? While we’re at it, what’s CSR stand for? Yes, I’m new.

1995 FMC Gannet 450L

The Gannet stretched sedan option, the 450L, comes with a sophisticated 4.5L SOHC V8 producing 293HP.

Fully loaded with the best tech for '95.

6 Likes

Minimizing Negatives while Maximizing positives is the “traditional” meaning, but in terms of this game, it is forgoing any sense of realism to maximize the stats that are beneficial for competition. Often, this leads to being “binned” in the first round, as often Realism and realistic choices are “better” in competition than raw stats

CSR - short for Car Shopping Round - is another, far longer running challenge in a similar, but more complex format to this challenge, with a higher standard for entries, and expecting much more realism in design and construction.

3 Likes

I see. Guilty as charged, but to a fairly minor (IMO) degree that I would argue is well within “reasonable and a bit realistic”, in two specific areas that make small contributions to the outcome, and specifically in response to the host/judge’s statement that “the stat will reign supreme.” I have no objection to playing for more realism, but the tradeoff between the two needs to be clear, whether it’s one or the other and especially if it’s somewhere in between.

I’ve further thoughts on the matter - it comes up often in singleplayer, I just didn’t know that term for it - that nerve damage defers to typing out elsewhen.

The rear doors open normally - I didn’t forget the rear interior door handles, although the interior shots I posted don’t show them.

Also, with so much technology onboard, the Ventnor would have been the most technologically advanced car of its time in terms of in-car features.

I made this statement regarding interiors, not whether realism is less important than getting 200 comfort.

I also didn’t mean with “be a bit realistic” to be able to forgo most other things just for the most important stats. It was basically to say that there’s an extended amount of breathing room for engineering and styling instead of the contemporary hyperluxury design, instead of “Make a Century except it’s not a Century, woaaaaaah”