The 2023 Trafikjournalen 24h of clunkers - (END OF RACE!)

Previous Posts:

Entrant Form

Part 0: The Drive

The brothers have just left the port after towing the car to be shipped to Europe, they are now heading to the airport

Roy: Hey, so I’ve been thinking about our driver lineup, and lets be honest, I’m the only one here who actually knows anything about racing. So the idea I have is,

He pulls out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket, its a timesheet with 1 hour increments, he reads off all the hours…

Jonas: So your telling me, that you want to race 16 of the 24 hours!?

Edward: You do realise how dumb that sounds out loud right?

Roy: Well no, I’ve been training on my sim, I can run 5 hour races without breaking a sweat. So 16 with some breaks will be a piece of cake.

Jonas sighs No, a sim and a real race are completely different beasts, I know you have a direct drive wheel or whatever they are called and all that fancy gear, but fatigue sets in quicker when the car is pulling you along with it on the track, you may not pull much but you still can experience some G-forces.

Roy: Oh look at you and l your fancy terminililiogy, or however you say it. I am literally the only one here with racing experience… Edward interjects: Ehem, Sim-racing experience, Roy: Shut up… Anyway, as I was saying, as the only one with racing experience in this car, He shoots a dirty look at Edward I am the only one with actual knowledge on this, so leave the planning. To. Me.

Jonas: You know I’m registered as the Team Manager on the form, so I have to submit the time sheet, as well as handle other parts of the team.

Roy: WHAT, why did you leave the managing to ME!

Jonas: Don’t worry about it, you can’t be the marked as the Lead Driver and the Team Manager on the form. He smirked So let me do that managing and you do the driver, you’ll get to start and finish the race as the lead anyway, plus get slightly more hours in the car. And I’ll always touch base with you guys before making a decision.

Roy: Oh, wow, ok, thanks, I guess.

Edward: So, about the car Roy, I ran some preliminary checks on the performance before it got shipped off, it seems alright but there are some things I need to warn you about ok?

He proceeds to list off the cars faults. (Found in the car specs section of the Entrant post)

Roy: Geez, not good, any of them you can fix?

Edward: Not right now, but I’ll have another look once we are in Sweden with the car again, we will have time at the track. We are going to be a day early because of our long flight. Might be able to find a quick fix for that airflow issue, either that or that brake issue. Not sure if I can though, both require a full assembly rebuild with how old it is…

The team discusses other forms of strategy along the drive, such as pit stops, replacing parts, and finalizing the time sheet, nearly at the airport, ready for their 7 hour flight.

1 Like

Act 1: The cat and the 10mm scoket

While Rasmus and Harald were making the final adjustments to the car, a cat came into the garage. The crew let it be, even gave it some pets. The cat decided to play with the 10mm socket, and as a result lost it somewhere. The Ek family luckily brought about 20 spares due to its loss being a common occurence, so it’s not a big problem. Other than that, everything seems to be going well. The racing seat is now in the car with both original seats out, ready for the first test drive.

1 Like

I think you missed me, I sent you the car and made a post

1 Like

Yes, I somehow missed to add you to the list since I have downloaded your entry. Sorry.

4 Likes

MCP - CR23 - PART 2: TEST DAY

Ah, the test drive. The final, mandatory step in any car’s life cycle prior to being unleashed into the world. The one step Giacomo had not taken personally in some 20 odd years, which is another issue that would need to be resolved before the race, and the one step that would justify tearing apart Granny Scarfiotti’s grocery getter for the race. And by god, did Giacomo need to justify it. While Alessio had initially agreed to help with the building process, assuming Giacomo had just taken an old unsold Vittorio out to the shop and turned it into a racecar for fun, he had quickly caught on to the fact that his wife would go without her favorite grocery getter for the time being, and after the resulting verbal lashing at the hands of his father, Giacomo found himself completely deflated of his usual confidence and bravado.

This became readily apparent around 3 minutes into the test, held at the high tech (geniunely so, as Giacomo is insanely rich after all) MCP test facility, where Giacomo had yet to breach 30 miles an hour on the 2.4 mile long course. From the pitwall Hikiko, Johnny, and Ryouchi oversaw the sad sight that was Giacomo piddling around at speeds his mother would find dangerous, sighing extraordinarily loudly into the radio as he did so. The trio found themselves faced with the perilous task of getting Giacomo his admittedly abundant self-confidence back. Now, normally this task would prove to be easy, as literally nodding and giving Giacomo a thumbs up was often enough to convince the man to go for nearly anything, This instance proved especially difficult owing to Giacomo holding similar levels of reverence for his father that he held Italian legends such as Enzo Ferrari and Alberto Ascari. A lashing out from his father was worse than actually dying to Giacomo, and he looked very much dead as he piddled around. First to the plate was Ryouchi, who fastened his headset before trying to motivate his boss for the umpteenth time.

Ryouchi cleared his throat as he spoke, an uneasiness permeating his voice. Sweat slowly beginning to form on his brow, as he prepared for what was probably his hardest job since “Ah… Giacomo, you can do it… Come on, press the gas pedal." Giacomo responded with a deep sigh. Ryouchi’s sweat formed a stream down his forehead as he tried again, with even less confidence this time. "We’re all, um, counting on you?” An even deeper sigh came through the other end of the radio, signaling yet another failure to get Giacomo to return to the land of the living. Hikiko shook her head, calling Giacomo to the pits over the radio. The only response was another sigh, which resulted in Hikiko completely tearing the radio out of the wall.

As Giacomo slowly pulled in and limped out of the car (his karting accident had only been a few weeks ago), Johnny was next to try the Vittorio, nearly diving headfirst into the passenger side door with how fiercly he stepped in. After a few awkward moments of trying to fix his postion and get seated properly, Johnny peeled out of the pits and was looking set for a record time, until the most glaring issue of the car reared its head: it had the structural stability of an amoeba cell. When Johnny hit the curb of turn one as hard has he could, as he was known to do, His entire suspension assembly effectively exploded. Bushings were everywhere, knuckles were reduced to nubs, and the springs on the right front flew off into the distance, landing in the distant ocean, to be eaten by a shark or whale of some kind. Despite that, Johnny still managed to get the car around the track by yanking the handbrake, and by the end of his run came into the pits with that, too, torn to shreds.

After Johnny pulled into the pits, he handed the handbrake lever, and a small collection of assorted nuts and bolts that had fallen on him during the run, to a very disappointed Hikiko, who set forth assembling the avengers of MCP to get to work repairing the effectively totaled shitbox. Luckily for MCP, they were equipped with the mechanics of all time:

Jimmy.

Leeroy.

And Nathaniel.

With such an elite and powerful team of AMERICAN PATRIOTS (these were the only people willing to work on a car on such short notice) The car was sure to be spic and span in no time!

And so it was. The Vittorio was back in working order after about a week of work and 30k in repair bills (deducted as a tax write-off by Giacomo later). By then, they had time for effectively 30 minutes of running from Ryouchi, who promptly made the exact same mistake Johnny did, and wound up having the car sent to Sweden on a stripped out, barely function airplane with the parts bin and mechanics unsecured in the back, with the team hoping they would be able to get the car in at least driveable condition by the time the plane landed.

Initially, Giacomo planned to fly to Sweden this way, his two experiences in shitbox rallies seemingly having numbed him to the idea of comfort, before Hikiko pointed to the first class tickets she’d purchased weeks in advance (the only part of the project that was seemingly ahead of schedule), and Giacomo folded within less than a second.

And so, they were off to Sweden, with apparently the only issue with the car being that Nathaniel had barrel rolled the plane, further complicating the repair-job, MCP was apparently off to a good start for their first 24h of clunkers. After landing in Sweden, and realizing the roads here are actually driver friendly (a foreign concept to most Americans) Giacomo was able to get some experience in driving their rental cars to Holjes. Though they got lost approximately 7 times, and Giacomo had to be reminded of the correct driving lane, the crew of Giacomo, Ryu, Johnny, Koharu, Hikiko, Alessio and Giacomo’s mom did eventually arrive at Holjes with a decent amount of time to spare. Good job, guys!

MCP - CR23 - PART 2: TEST DAY - FIN

4 Likes

Team Men of Wheels

Backstory

Men of Wheels was an, ahem British automotive show that has been running continually since 1995, though with a hiatus from 2011 to 2015. It was originally made up of Samson “The Man” McCornick and Thomas Kilgore, both acclaimed journalists, and a young Roland Blanton who was a bit of a wildcard. Blanton left after the first season, and McCornick was replaced by Bob O’Hare, an aging journalism giant who had been the cheif editor of a high-profile car magazine for over 15 years, after the 4th season. Season 1 was the most popular of the originals, with seasons 3-6 being also very popular. Season 7 was a wash, and with Kilgore offered a job at Driver and Car, and O’Hare retiring, the duo were replaced by Roland Blanton and the 40-year old journalist Henry Gaurd for the 2002 Season 8. Their comedic and self-deprecating format helped skyrocket the popularity, and they were soon joined by Broderick Johnson-Hess. The thoroughly British trio became loved by car enthusiasts around the world. In 2011 the British parliament ordered the broadcasters to kill it off because of a three-part special mocking the British high-class, after which the broadcaster decided not to fight in court but rather drop the show. In 2016 the show relocated to Amsterdam after a new broadcaster co-bought the rights to the show alongside a streaming service.

Fast forward to late 2021. After watching clips of Trafikjournalen’s 24h Clunkers, Johnson-Hess got the idea to do a 24h Clunker Special. Plans were made, which were toppled in march 2022 when Gaurd found himself in legal trouble after urinating on Angela Merkel’s car and then breaking into her house and drunkenly wrestling the dog and then urinating on the dog to assert dominance after it beat him in the wrestling match. Blanton and Johnson-Hess found themselves in a tight situation, and made no public statements or appearances nor discussed the matter with anyone. Their efforts were fruitless as the show was dropped two months after the “scandal” and Johnson-Hess and Blanton were formally fired and were threatned to be blacklisted. They then attempted to buy the rights to the show back, but after they were refused. They then sued the companies for wrongful termination and settled for the rights to the show’s name and intellectual property. The crew and producers then quit to join them.

Men of Wheels is now a Youtube channel, and they have resorted to a more layed-back approach, with car reviews, short series (such as one where Blanton and his son-in-law do a road trip across Australia), and vlogs. The 24h Clunkers will be their first formal special on Youtube.

It started out with each man picking a vehicle, as normal, but now they had to decide on one. Blanton brought a Knightwick S-Roadster Sprint in good exterior condition but with a sketchy clutch and significant chassis rust. Johnson-Hess bought a somewhat rusty but pretty good (for a French car in Sweden) TDF Pax Super 1.1i. The crash test dummy labelled Henry was at their meeting site with a 200hp Caterham-ripoff kit car. Perry Ross, the new head of the camera crew who was stepping in as a driver for the race was there with a mint IP Brigadier DX manual. They heaved Henry into the passenger seat of the Puma and then they headed into town to run some tests to decide who’s car would be the ultimate contender.

Roland Harold Blanton

51 years old and 5’4". Roland is a bit of a wildcard, even in his age. He was the youngest and most energetic of the original trio and has a knack for crashing. He has a 1982 Lance SCE Turbo, a 1984 Bravo Verbato V8, a 2020 Llud Elene, a 1967 CEAL Noble, and a 1967 Mons Astral C as well as a plethora of motorcycles and older British cars.

Broderick Houghton Johnson-Hess

62 years young and 5’10". A sensible man, who loves nature, books, and old luxury cars. A very skilled, if a bit cautious driver who is mocked for his age and apparent lack of masculinity by his peers, but silences them with his incredibly good cooking. Owns a 2008 WM Wolford 5.5, a 2020 Primus Stratum GT, a 2021 AYSA ME85, a 1972 Voss 3500CSi, a 2005 AVION Kronos Strada 3.4, and every beaten up old luxury car he can find.

Perry Weston Ross

With 47 years of age, Perry is a sensical, no-nonsense 5’8" bugger. He is the head of the camera crew, who are also sometimes the pit crew (but don’t tell the refs). He doesn’t really care about what you think because he knows what he is good at and he is darn good at it. He has a 2023 Holts HCU 30 and a 1981 IP Pandora GTX.

The Car

The 1986 TDF Pax 1.1i 5-door! As I said it is in pretty good condition for a French car in Sweden. A bit of rust, the engine doesn’t pull as hard as it should, and the gearbox is a bit…off.

Ross: What are we calling it?
J-H: Le Poision. The fish.*
Blanton: That Le Poisson. He’s called his car poison! [laughs]
J-H: It’s our car!

*this will be explained, as will the other…er…features

to be continued…

11 Likes

I read that as “Three men on wheels”
Turns out that works too.

1 Like

Once they’re dead thst would be a great name for a Men of Wheels documentary.

1 Like

idk roland seems like a pretty cool guy with great taste, im definitely not biased btw

1 Like

TRAFIKJOURNALEN WEB
SEPTEMBER 2023

Remember the IP Rubiq we bought a while ago? Well, since it would be a financial disaster to get it roadworthy again, we have now prepared it for what we guess will be its last ride - the 24h of clunkers.

So, in about a month, we guess the rather flat panels on this ride will instead have all different kinds of shapes. If the blue-smoking engine will survive, that is.

Over 20 other teams are invited, including some with rather huge cars, so it’s an interesting question how well this little box will survive some bashing on the track. Especially considering that it had to be…eh…a bit patched up.

6 Likes

OK, I think I have the game mechanics more or less sorted out now, entries collected, you will get some days for pre-race RP still, but better not delay it too much, this challenge will soon take off with a blast if everything goes as intended.

Chantal just wants to check on the cars, as she spots a cat that seems to take a detailed look at the vehicles.

Who are you cutie? Are you a spy or what? Haha. You must be cold, let´s get you inside, and I am all alone as dad is doing shit as usual and Jan is collecting firewood, I would love your company. Do you like cookies? Purr if yes!

An hour later, it was finally time to let the cat go again, as the furry animal might have had other plans for the day. After putting the cat back where she picked it up from, she spotted Thomas doing… what he shouldnt do…

AAARRGH DAD! NO! DONT TELL ME YOU PROMISED TO HANDLE THE WASTE MANAGEMENT OF THEIR OLD OIL!

That worked last time, it works this time. Hey, I didn´t lie to them. This is some kind of waste management, they got rid of their oil as easy as it can be, and I have it warm here, and they all think I am a nice guy for helping them.

DONT YOU THINK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING?

Your internet consumes power made by fossil sources, the car you use burns gasoline, the heating in your apartment also comes from burning waste, so… don´t make this a big deal, please? You want a beer?

TWO! One for me and one for my nerves. You are terrible. Thank god your generation goes extinct.

5 Likes

Damn. This will be entertaining

Act 2: Test drive

Abdullah took the car for a test drive with Björn riding along to see if everything worked correctly, and to gather some experience before the race. The car was driving as one would expect an underpowered front-wheel-drive with an automatic to drive - very sluggish, but predictable and controllable. The roads were different than the ones around the Ek farm, particularly less even road surfaces. A previously undiscovered problem became apparent as the car launched itself off-course after getting air, going into a field.

Luckily, no major damage has been sustained other than some holes in the rusty exhaust pipe and the foglights. The incident had been tracked back to a leaking damper. A new one was easily sourced due to the suspension assembly being quite common, and a new exhaust was quickly assembled to replace the now obnoxiously loud old one to regain some engine power. The foglights were also replaced.

1 Like

Team Oxracers II: The Return - Ep. 4: Cat spy roll-up data report

Previous post

It has become night time, and four of the Oxracers are sitting close to a fire generously lighted by another competitor, a grey-haired and bearded chap by the name of Nilfert. @Happyhungryhippo

Suddenly, Mary walks up to them and sits down next to them as well.

“Where have you been so long?” Jane demands to know.

Mary shrugs. “You know, being a cat is sometimes quite practical. People give you free cookies and such.”

“It’s also quite practical to have a cat”, Michael replies, and to Mary’s puzzled looks, he adds. “Then one doesn’t have to get up themselves and go out into the cold to get useful intel.”

Mary shoots a warning look into Michael’s direction.

“Did you find out anything useful at least?” Corazon is obviously eager to learn more about the competition.

“Again, a very colourful starting field - cars and people. Like Super Smash Bros, you know. And we seem to have - or be tied for - the smallest car… again.” On Michael’s puzzled looks, she adds. “I didn’t bring my cat ruler to measure that teal van or that grey coupe with the odd rear wing… contraption. Those are also quite tiny. On the other end of the spectrum there is even an old limousine. And, lots of rust to be seen on the other cars, so that hopefully balances things out when we get hit.”

“So they are our crumple zone if they play Super Smash Bros with us?” wonders Jane.

“It’s our only chance to survive anyway”, comments Michael.

“At least ours seems to be in good nick, at least from the outside”, adds Lucas.

“And… we also not the only one with a fake oil sponsorship. Though ours is more… pun-ny, of course”, Mary adds smugly and quite pleased with herself.

1 Like

Another evening without really knowing what is going on… while Chanty intensifies her friendship with the local fauna, Thomas desperately tries to call the orga-team to know why all haven´t started yet.

Eh, dad, get off the phone, Rudolph needs attention!

A Rudolph should be a reindeer… not an elk, damnit! Seems the boss of all this here is stuck with a plumbing issue… well, that´s understandable then, we should have some patience. By the way, speaking of plumbing, I need to disappear for some minutes.

You are unbearable, how about getting me a beer to survive your company?

That is a great idea. Are you coming with me?

I have your genes? Isnt that obvious?

The group more and more …liquids… were consumed, and when Thomas and Jan talked about politics, it was finally enough for Chanty, seeking peace with Rudolph. The both guys didn´t notice.

The more drunk Thomas became, the nicer he was. A black sky slowly turned to blue.

Ah well, don´t blame my daughter for her faults. I didn´t hold the family together, only interessed in my garage and cars, so her childhood was shit.

Your daughter is fine, Mr. Nilfert… it´s all right. And I was always of the opinion I neither need a car nor a license until she proved me otherwise.

Yeah, she doesnt have the milkman´s genes, at last… and, it´s Thomas. When do you finally call me Thomas?

Ehm… Mr. Thomas… ehm, have you seen Chanty?

Unfortunately, she fell off Rudolph, and is unable to stand up. She feels more and more cold, and finally finds peace in the thought of passing in Sweden… until Thomas and Jan arrive, pull her back in the cabin

As the “tough” Thomas fainted when seeing his daughter cry, it was all up to Jan to fill the role of the man in the household, which he did quite well. Especially his medical training seems to be useful.

Aaargh… ouch… be careful!

I am, maybe a kiss helps?

Only if it is from you, then… of course.

It is nothing serious, a day of rest, and you should be able to drive in the competition again.

I would even drive without my head … this is what I waited for all year… No matter what happens, I will show my dad that I can do better than him! But you know what? Can you bring me Rudolph for a cuddle? My fall scared him. And I want the caaaaaat!

Well, if that´s your problem right now, you must be really fine again…

3 Likes

TEAM TRAFIKJOURNALEN
PART 0.1 - PRE-RACE

We had seen this show before. Three tired men, an even more tired 1985 IP Brigadier pickup, with a record holder in being tired N/A diesel, towing an equally tired junker to Höljes on its way to obliteration. This time it looked almost comical. An IP towing an IP. A box towing a box. A small box there was. And despite its rugged looks, the FWD CVT Rubiq didn’t have much of a resemblance under the shell to the solid axle, 4x4, body on frame Brigadier. On the positive side, the Rubiq wasn’t nearly as slow.

“How many kilometers does this thing have on the clock now?”, Carlén asked.

“I don’t know”, Hansen answered. “The odometer stopped working years ago!”

“I can’t feel my legs!”, Andersson complained, having the most cramped mid bench seating position.

“Don’t worry, you will get used to it”, Hansen said.

“If we cut a hole in the floor, I can probably stretch out my legs, AND, I can give it some help with my feet so we will reach twice this speed!”, Andersson cynically said.

“Quiet, or I will have Carlén force feeding you with Doritos so you can’t keep up with your nagging”, Hansen grumbled. To somewhat counteract the noise from Andersson’s complaining, he raised the volume of the old tape player, now blaring Heidi Hauge at max volume through the half-blown stock speakers.

The old Brigadier was rolling along at a slow but steady pace, and finally, our friends were approaching the track.

“HAHAHA!”, Hansen laughed. “Complain all you want, but at least I have good tow mirrors. Do you know how I know about that?”

Eh, no?", Andersson curiously asked.

“Because I can see a german freakshow arguing loudly with each other about something, in the Primus behind us, right now”, Hansen laughed loudly. Because…just yes. A bunch of…well, more or less weird looking germans were clearly trying to almost kill each other over something, in the Primus Aventura he saw in the mirror. “If that’s the competition we have…”

“…then it won’t matter that we just have an IP, I guess”, Carlén said, knowing that it would annoy Hansen.

“Did you know that the IP Celestia GTT-4, well the 2600 version then, not the more common 2500, actually was a homologation special, for the car that raced, and for thta matter won, in…”, Hansen started.

“Yes, because I have FORGOTTEN more about racing than you ever have known, Mr. May!”, Carlén answered. “And when it comes to IP, that is only the exception that confirms the rule.”

“It wasn’t even my idea to get an IP this time”, Hansen said. “Or maybe I was partly guilty, but the main reason wasn’t to smash it up in the 24h race after all”.

Time went on, and while the hosting magazine’s own team of drivers were unloading the car, other teams also had arrived. Andersson took a quick sneek peek around, just to come back a while later.

"OK, what we can fear, is a TDF Pax with eyelashes…

“That sounds about as serious as entering with a lawnmower powered wheelie bin”, Hansen said.

“To be fair, an IP Rubiq is a lawnmower powered wheelie bin”, Carlén said in a somewhat more cynical tune.

"A Crown Vic that seems to have an actual lawnmower engine…

(Carlén and Hansen doing facepalms at the same time)

“Should we fear a Kando again?”, Andersson asked.

“Yes, those things are like…mentally, brutally toxic”, Hansen said.

“Sneaky fast, was what we saw last year at least”, Carlén chimed in.

“A Rosew…”

“A blown diff”, Hansen answered. “Remember last year?”

“Then, we have a Tarquini Freccia”, Andersson continued.

“Yellow and right hand drive?”, Carlén asked.

“No, white and left hand drive”, Andersson answered.

“Then it is not the mailman. I’ll take a croissant, please”, Hansen answered.

“The most trashed Arlington Antares I have seen”, Andersson continued.

“You haven’t been to enough trailer parks then”, Hansen sighed.

“Then we have a beaten to death Ferdon 318 estate…”

“Some people takes the clunker thing seriously, I guess”, Hansen answered.

“You’re lying, they haven’t existed since 1998”, Carlén told him.

“Uhm. Anyway, we also have a puke green Lada 112…”

“I saw that thing and it was absolutely not a Lada 112”, Hansen answered.

“So what is it then?”, Andersson curiously asked.

“I don’t know, but if it is a Lada 112 I will eat my helmet after the race!”, Hansen said.

“Better bring extra BBQ sauce then”, Andersson answered in a salty tone.

“Yes, because you already brought the salt”, Hansen told him.

“Then, I saw a blue Hamocars DB-R”…

“Of course, there wouldn’t be a shitbox race without one, I guess”, Hansen said.

“Yes, but at least we got to know the colour”, Carlén laughed.

"Well, maybe it was a bit closer to brown, at least around the edges. Then, there was a VerBanka Cauchy…

“Interesting car, if you like to watch when paint is drying”, Hansen yawned.

“Stop describing a 1998 IP Sterna now!”, Carlén said just to tease him.

“You can be a 1998 Sterna! A DX and not a GTX!”, Hansen said.

“Then there was a McNamara National Deluxe, that at least would win some style points with its livery, spoilers and pipes…”

“Huh, a car that’s actually close to being cool then”, Hansen said.

“Yes, but they can only corner in one direction”, Carlén laughed.

“Some chinese clown car from Wish. CAC I think. Should have been named CCC for Chinese Clown Car…”

“I don’t fear it”, Carlén said.

“Me neither”, Hansen agreed.

“We also have an ACR 400 Executive…”

“Beige”, Hansen said.

“Yes, did you see it?”, Andersson asked.

“No, but they were beige no matter what colour they had.”

“Also, I passed those german freaks with the Primus towing the Primus, and it seemed like they were looking rather strange at me…”

“Just stop being so socially awkward and it will solve itself”, Hansen said.

“Or just close the zipper”, Carlén laughed.

“Oh, thank…HEY WHAT?”, Andersson snapped back, more than a bit annoyed.

Fooled you!", Carlén laughed even more.

“Then we had a puke green Newton Gravitas from the early 60s…”

“Feels like a throwback to my times”, the spirit of the early UE era in the sky told Andersson.

“Why are you staring into the sky like an idiot?”, Hansen asked him.

“Oh, nothing”, Andersson excused himself. “A Sceptre Caducus that seems to have been through some rough times…”

“Not bread this time, I hope”, Hansen said.

“I am not hungry”, Carlén said.

“A Carlisle Stoop…”

“Nobody will notice its demise after 24h”, Hansen answered.

“I get it. Now, there was also a Wartburg, and…”

(Hansen making crazy frog sounds)

“A 4 stroke Wartburg, I would like to remind you”, Andersson answered. “Also, a MCP Lombardi that looked like if it was almost falling apart by itself…”

“Weren’t they like that from the factory?”, Hansen answered.

“Do you have to give me sour comments for everything?”, Andersson asked Hansen in an annoyed tune.

“Yes, because you gave me sour comments for my driving”, Hansen answered him.

“That’s just because a tuna would be able to pass you, on land, AFTER it has been canned”, Andersson said in a grumpy tune. “Also, a Kazrohn 452…”

“Now, talk about being passed by a canned tuna”, Hansen said.

“The Kazrohn 452 is the actual can!”, Carlén continued.

"Also, there was a HED Wedgie…

“At least the spoiler is well fixed to the car then”, Hansen and Carlén chimed in.

“I have no idea what the two of you are talking about sometimes. Someone had thrown a Schnell V8 into a Hakumai…”

“That should be a source of fear”, Carlén said.

“Either that, or the engine is held in with duct tape”, Hansen continued.

“I didn’t see any tape”, Andersson continued. “Then we have a Bricksley limo that I guess either will self-destruct or obliterate everything on the track…”

“I think it will first obliterate everything on the track, and THEN self-destruct, so there will be no winner this year”, Hansen sighed.

“Finally, I saw an Uyemura Prefecta R. Should we fear it?”

“Maybe”, Hansen said.

“And maybe not”, Carlén continued. “Oh well, at least this seems to be the year for proper shitboxes then.”

“Yeah, someone even brought an IP into here”, Andersson said.

TO BE CONTINUED…
(@MoteurMourmin, @OpheliaSakura , I could unfortunately not find entries from you among my messages, so you’re unfortunately out)
(All the bashing of cars is done IC, and just for fun, and does not represent my views of the actual cars, I am happy and satisfied with every car that has been sent in and I want to thank all the participants.)

5 Likes

curious how none of them noticed it being both LHD and RHD lol :smiley:

3 Likes

I honestly forgot that little detail when I was trying to give a salty welcome to all the participants but I bet they will notice later…

4 Likes

SSSRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Urgh, that sounds awful, must be some pathetic CVT car. JAN! can you look out of the window?

It´s a… red rusty shoebox.

Thomas stood up from the chair, rushing towards the window.

Ah, the journalists, that means we will now move to the track. Fine! Chantal, how are you? Do you feel better?

I… guess so? Most of the pain was from the frostbite… still have back pain and can barely walk, and my hand is totally swollen now. I think if we start today, we change the order and I will be driving last… have you already checked on the car if it still runs?

IT IS A PRIMUS. Austrias finest machines. Of course it will always run!

gnignignignignigni… wrwrwrwrwrwrwrwrwrwrwrwrwrwrwrwr

Eh… nevermind. JAN! TOOLBOX! NOW!

Here, Thomas. Do you need assistance?

Nah, Jan, thanks, but when you hold on its like three let loose… ORSCHWERBLEEDE! WER HAT DENN DIESE HUDDL SO VORFRIEMLD???

Jan scratched his head, and as he now gets along a bit better with Thomas, he starts a daring move:

Wasnt it you who always serviced it?

Chanty holds her breath and quickly pulls him aside.

Darling, he is yelling in dialect! That means keep quiet and RUUUUUUUN!

After half an hour, Thomas managed to get the wiring of the ECU done, it seems something had bitten in there, and he drove the Advance onto the trailer and off they went, directly behind the IP Rubiq with the weird acting CVT torturing the engine, which was now loaded onto a trailer as well, pulled by a stinky old diesel pickup.

I bet that was your damn cat having hunger for cable salad!

DAD! THE CAT IS PERFECT! It would never do that.

Purr-fect? Hahahaha.

Jan, you should keep a low profile. Yellow card, my friend!

The arguing trio finally managed to get to the track without any further inconvenience, aside from the three constantly fighting, and Jan and Chanty use the opportunity to escape a bit from Thomas´grumpyness, as he is busy organizing stuff and seems to do best if left alone.

2 Likes