2017 Antiyita International Motor Show

@Dorifto_Dorito Ah, thanks for clarifying that. Shan’t ask any further :grin:

1 Like

@DeusExMackia Thanks for the feedback on the front of the Azure! I’ll try to give it a more modern and cutting-edge look in my upcoming model. I was trying to go for a somewhat Lexus LFA type styling but with more of a hypercar feel, and I purposefully used a similar headlight style to older Celerimus models to give it that sort of “heritage feel” if that makes sense. I’ll definitely give the front some more love in the upcoming model. I think the part that is kind of strange and gives it a 90’s concept feel are the side vents next to the indicators, which I will rectify in the future! :laughing:

1 Like
7 Likes

Although probably not a very favorable review, it’s still very helpful! :slight_smile: that’s my first car I have had reviewed so it was nice to have some of the more “practical” issues of the car pointed out to me by someone who has seen a lot of cars. It’s hard to see some of these issues purely from the numbers especially since I’ve never seen how anyone else actually makes their car on the technical level. I will definitely improve on these areas in the future! Luckily I have found out in the model I’m currently working on that softer suspension can actually be a benefit. The brakes might be difficult to fix because for some reason the front tires just seem to require much more braking force than the rear ones, but it’s very insightful to hear how that can be problematic! I will also look into balancing the brakes a bit more.

Yeah, I was harsh, but hopefully you can see the reasoning. Top tip with any mid-engined car is to make the rear brakes stronger and the rear suspension harder to deal with the back-heavy nature of it. You’ll get there though! This game is all about trial and error and getting up the learning curve.

2 Likes

Welcome to the AL Autos Booth (Recently Updated @ 10:14pm USA PST with new car to feature)

AL Autos is proud to bring a wide variety of cars with us to AIMS! The vehicles we have with us at AIMS are bound to appeal to all audiences from small but practical compact cars, to sporty sports cars, to luxurious vehicles. So without further a do, let’s do our next few reveals!

The AL Autos Luxus (Trim Shown: 588 XLE)

The Body

AL Autos is proud to present the AL Autos Luxus, a complete redesign of the AL Autos Classe which made its debut at the 2017 Automation Geneva International Motor Show as a luxury LWB sedan. AL Autos was keen to improve on the many mistakes that were made during the conception of the car, mainly, the styling. The styling of the AL Autos Classe was truly outdated compared to the rest of the luxury sedans which made their debut at Geneva. Now, with the re-conception of this car, the Luxus, we’ve made sure to bring the Classe into the 21st century: LED headlamps and fog lamps, exquisitely designed front grilles and tail lamps, and much much more.

The Performance

The Luxus has a more sensible 3.7 L Twin Turbo Flatplane V8 which produces 588 HP which is sent to all four wheels through a sophisticated longitudinal AWD system. In addition, AL Autos has ditched the 9 Speed Automatic and fitted a 7 speed double clutch sequential gearbox, included a re-worked electric LSD, reworked the Double Wishbone (F) and Multilink (R) suspension system. This allows the Luxus to go from 0-62 MPH in 4.4 seconds, achieve a top speed of 178.2 MPH (286.8 KPH), and set a generous lap time of 1:23.4 on the Top Gear Test Track.

The Luxury

While you are blasting down at highway speeds, AL Autos has done everything to keep you comfortable: Premium Nappa Leather Seats, 12 Speaker Bowers and Wilkins Sound System, Polished Wooden Trim to match the theme of the interior, massaging front and rear seats, rear entertainment screens, front and rear climate control, and AL Autos’ ALConnect Infotainment System: USB Capability, HD Radio, Hands Free Satellite Navigation w/ Real Time Traffic and AL’s WorldConnect which allows the user to see what attractions are nearby, make reservations, check sports teams scores, weather forecast, and so much more!

Pricing

Top Range Model (Shown): $124,494
Base Model: $95,157
Secondary Base Model (V8 N/A): $85,175
Third Base Model (V6 Hybrid): $76,138

The AL Autos Flusso (Trim Shown: 542 XLE)

The Body

The AL Autos Flusso was another luxury LWB sedan that made its debut at the 2017 Automation Geneva Motor Show in which it’s styling was a bit out of place. For the newest model, we decided to tone down the fixtures a bit from the previous model to go for a simpler yet modern look.

The Performance

The AL Autos Flusso features a downsized but still powerful 3.5 L Twin Turbo V6 that produces 542 HP that is sent to all four wheels through a sophisticated longitudinal AWD system. This is also accompanied by a brand new 7 speed double clutch sequential transmission, Double Wishbone (F) Multilink (R) suspension system, and electric LSD. These components allow the Flusso to go from 0-62 MPH in 4.9 seconds, achieve a top speed of 186.3 MPH (299.8 KPH), and clock a 1:23.5 on the Top Gear Test Track.

The Luxury

AL Autos has done everything to keep you comfortable: Premium Nappa Leather Seats, 12 Speaker Premium Bose Sound System, Polished Wooden Trim to match the theme of the interior, massaging front and rear seats, rear entertainment screens, front and rear climate control, and AL Autos’ ALConnect Infotainment System: USB Capability, HD Radio, Hands Free Satellite Navigation w/ Real Time Traffic and AL’s WorldConnect which allows the user to see what attractions are nearby, make reservations, check sports teams scores, weather forecast, and so much more!

Pricing

Top Range Model (Shown): $95,741
Base Model: $81,185
Secondary Base Model (V6 Hybrid): $79,186
Third Base Model (V6 N/A): $69,854

Updated 5/18/2017 at 9:30pm USA Pacific Standard Time

The AL Autos Actio (Trim Shown: 800 R)

The Body

The Actio’s body was designed to be as aggressive as possible while also providing an army of aerodynamic features. There are special vents in the front grille which are closed when going at city speeds (<50 MPH/72 KPH), but when you put your foot down and go highway to track speeds, the vents open up to not only provide more air to the engine, but to also provide an extra bit of downforce. The front lip is also an active front lip. When going above 80 MPH / 128.7 KPH, the lip angles down ever so slightly in order to provide just a tad bit more downforce. Then there is the specialized active wing for this car which reads the speed of the air passing over it and adjusts to suit the speed.

The Performance

The Actio has the heart to get your heart racing: A 4.7 L Twin Turbo Flatplane V8 engine pushing out 800 HP to the fat 315 R AL sports compound tires. In addition to this, AL Autos has integrated a Semi-Active Pushrod F and R suspension system, a specialized electric LSD, 285 F AL sports compound tires, a 7 speed double clutch sequential gearbox (Also available with a 6 speed manual) and a gorgeous titanium exhaust system so you can hear all the wonderful noises coming from this magestic beast. This recipe for awesomeness allows the Actio to achieve 0-62 MPH in 2.6 seconds, achieve a top speed of 213.2 MPH (343.1 KPH), and clock a 1:11.4 on the Top Gear Test Track. Even with all of this performance demon trickery, the Actio still manages to achieve an average of 21.6 MPG (Full Power Mode) allowing you to have fun for a longer time.

The Technology

The Actio has AL Autos’ ALDrivingProfile. This allows the driver to choose or customize how they want the car to perform: stability control sensitivity, aero sensitivity, suspension sensitivity, steering sensitivity, throttle/brake sensitivity, etc. There are 3 modes already pre-loaded into the system: normal, sport, and track. If none of these suit the driver’s needs, the driver can customize their own profiles and save it as a custom preset.

Pricing

Top Range Model (Shown): $129,548
Base Model: $110,885

AL Autos would like to thank you for joining us at this presentation! Look forward to the reveal of the rest of our wonderful machines as AIMS continues!

AL Autos would also like to invite AIMS attendees and any car magazine representatives to test drive any of our wonderful machines currently here at AIMS! We have cars standing by! Find any representative on the floor or head over to the main desk located in the center of our booth!

2 Likes

#Daily Round Up 6
Antiyita may be drawing to a close, but there’s still plenty going on. More test drives are on the way, and the all important polls will be setup very soon too. Stay tuned!

AL Autos gave us yet another announcement today, showing off some reworked cars that they revealed earlier this year. The Luxus and Flusso have been greatly imprived style wise, particularly the latter which really is quite something. The large amount of chrome may put some off, but this is a luxury car after all, and the smooth design lines are sure to impress. Better still, the top of the range Flusso 542 XLE has 542 hp stuffed under the bonnet, does 0-60 in under 5 seconds and comes in at $95741, meaning that while it isn’t the fastest of the super limousines on offer, it’s certainly an option worth considering if you don’t want to spend so much.

AL then revealed a new supercar, the Actio. The name might be a little underwhelming but the specs certainly aren’t; powerful V8 in the middle, push rod suspension all round, 800 hp to boot and carbon fibre-aluminium construction. That certainly covers all the bases well, and the performance is very, very good too. 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, top speed of 213 mph, TGTT time of 1:11.4 - some might even call this a budget hypercar. We’re not sure it’s quite worth of that accolade, but at $129k, you can’t deny its cheapness as a super car. Certainly the most competent performance car we’ve seen from the company so far.

Meanwhile, I’ve been down to the Anikatian coast to test a car that was made for sunny days by the seaside; the Zavir Luna Spider.

That does it for today. We’ll be starting the polls very soon, so stay tuned for those. Bye for now!

-Gavin Anderson

6 Likes

Heh, so it seems that I’m going in the right direction, but I could stuff more “premium” in that supposed-to-be-premium compact - which I think I’ll do when I’ll be rebuilding Luna for the Unreal. Especially that safety… I might be too much concerned about lightness of the car :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for the great review :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oooh, This was a cool thread to read through. Some really nice and original cars. :smiley:

3 Likes

2018 Cornaldie Automotive Sapphiro

Luxury. Beauty. Soul.

Experience the very essence that defines Cornaldie Automotive when you drive the Sapphiro LS trim. It sweeps over you on every mesmerizing drive with power and sophistication, with a timeless and elegant look. Craftsmanship at it’s finest with state of the art engineering produces a hand stitched, quality machine that pushes all the boundaries of luxury and performance. Cruise in comfort with the wind in your hair, with effortless momentum from a smooth, soulful V12 BiTurbo.
MSRP: Starting at $111,000

Sapphiro LS

Power. Performance. Comfort.

Make a bold statement with the Sapphiro GTP. Your trackdays will never be the same. Be fast, cunning, competent, but also…comfortable. Our state of the art Active sport suspension makes every drive comfortable, yet ridiculously quick. Complete the Automation Test Track in 2 minutes and 5 seconds without breaking a sweat, or overheating your brakes; all while maintaining a natural driving feel and enjoying the sounds of powerful V12.
MSRP: Starting at $128,000

Sapphiro GTP

4 Likes

2017 Zenshi Pike (XPW53B, 3rd Generation Facelift)

The 2017 Zenshi Pike makes it’s way to the 2017 AIMS as a major facelift to the original PW53, which debuted in 2015.

By giving the Pike the Shinka Design treatment, The Pike looks like a whole new machine. Not only is it refreshed outside, it is also refreshed inside in many aspects as well.

One major addition to the 2017 Pike is the addition of a standard power split tailgate with configurable opening heights for the top part of the hatch. Another addition to the car is an active suspension system which allows for the Pike to adjust it’s ground clearance when going through multiple terrains.

The aggressive, brutish looks the Pike has isn’t just for show either. Using the SA48-GDA engine found in the GT as well, the 4.8L V8 sports 444 HP and 371 lb-ft and can propel the large 2400+ kg vehicle to 100 KM/H in 5.7 seconds. Like before, all Pikes come standard with a 6-Speed AvanTec transmission.

Standard equipment on the Pike include leather upholstery, power front driver and passenger seats with memory function, tri-zone climate control, D-ACT driving analysis system, backup camera, active suspension system, 8 inch touchscreen system, and power rear split tailgate.

The top of the line 4.8 GT SM-AWS comes standard with a Nakamichi audio system, 9 inch infotainment system, dual power sunroof, power folding mirrors, power tilt/telescopic steering wheel, power second row seating, rear passenger entertainment system, auto windshield wipers, 360 view camera, and power retractable sidesteps.

More to come on the Pike, as specs for the 4.8 GT SM-AWS is available here in Antiyita.

SPECS:

Chassis Code: SAPW53B
Weight: 2431 kg

Engines: SA48-GDA 4.8L 32V Naturally Aspirated V8
Power: 444 HP @ 6500 RPM
Torque: 371 lb-ft @ 5000 RPM

Transmission: 6-Speed AvanTec
0-100 km/h: 5.7s
80-120 km/h: 3.8s
Top Speed: 240 km/h without limiter

Fuel Economy: (Ci/Co/HW)
4.8 GT SM-AWS: 13/14/17 MPG

Japanese MSRP:
¥7,399,130 (~$65,500)

Journalists who sign up on the Zenshi booth (PM me) will be able to check out the Zenshi Pike 4.8 GT SM-AWS '17 and take it for a spin.

7 Likes

#Daily Round-Up 6
With the show drawing to a close, the last few cars are being revealed, and excitement is now building for the voting. That’ll be beginning to tomorrow just after doors close!

In the meantime, Cornaldie revealled the absolutely gorgeous Sapphiro GT coupe. Available in two trims, one is a V12 powered blast-to-the-south-of-France beauty called the LS. It’s tasteful and pretty without being delicate and still having some guts. And with 600 hp under the bonnet, boy I bet it’s fast. A 9 speed auto is available with it too, which should certainly make it as smooth as butter though we would like to see a DCT option too make it a little more engaging on the road. Of course, if that isn’t enough, then there is the GTP, which one imagines is the equivalent of what Blenheim Palace would look like were it turned into a nightclub. The wing is a bit ugly, but it’s certainly got a menacing feel to it elsewhere. Same engine, sportier setup - nice trick there. And oh my, that GTP name brings up the possibility of it competing in some GT competitions…eek!

Zenshi then gave us a facelifted version of their Pike luxury SUV. Now carrying the current design style, it’s a pretty handsome looking car, though the grey plastic around the rear lights was a little off putting. Still, it now has a split tail gate which I certainly approve of as it means you can pretends it’s a Range Rover without having to own one and look like a toff. 444 hp of Japanese V8 goodness sits under the bonnet, and it’s sporty DCT transmission, plus a wealth of equipment. Top of the range models also get a Nakamichi sound system - HELL YES.

Meanwhile, AL Autos gave me access to a few of their cars to test drive. Here’s what went down.

So then, we’re on the cusp of the final day at Antiyita 2017, and tomorrow the fun really begins with the voting. Be there or be square. Or triangle, I don’t care. Ta-ta for now!

-Gavin Anderson

7 Likes

hahaha

Ugly but functional :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the review @DeusExMackia ! I really appreciate all of the wonderful feedback that you have given me! As these were my first few cars to be reviewed, I expected to see quite a bit of flaws pointed out. Nevertheless, it was AWESOME to get another perspective on my designs. At least it seems I’m heading in somewhat of the right direction. I will be sure to take what you said and implement that into future models/versions of cars! Thank you for your time and effort! :smiley:

1 Like

My pleasure, I hope the feedback I’ve given makes sense more than anything else.

With the show closing in a few hours and the awards beginning shortly after, Zenshi have been giving me a go in some of their newest vehicles.

And don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about the Sachiuri Sagitta. Soon, my friends :wink:

Stay tuned, the voting will be beginning very very soon!

5 Likes

Welcome to the first round of voting for the AIMS 2017 awards. In this initial round, we will be voting for the best car in each category, with the winners going on to the second round of voting which will decide the ‘Best In Show’ winner.

In the event of a tie, the adjudicator (my self) will choose a winner to go though to the Best In Show round, though both cars will be awarded Best In Category.

This vote will only consist of new cars that have been revealed at the show.

One car per manufacturer per category, one vote per person per category, you can vote for your own cars, and that’s that. Best of luck to everyone!

Not every car has been included in here, either because there weren’t enough similar vehicles for it to fall into a category or because the company released a large number of vehicles and only a few were selected.

#Best Compact

Small cars of all shapes and sizes end up in this category.

#Best Sedan

If it looks like a sedan, it’s here, regardless of size.

#Best Low End Performance

If it’s made to go fast and is fairly cheap, it’s here.

#Best High-End Performance

All the stuff that doesn’t fit into the previous category and isn’t a super car goes here.

#Best Sportscar/Supercar/Hypercar

All the two door performance cars are right here. I think.

#Best SUV

If it’s big and has AWD, you’ll find it here.

*It’s a pickup truck, yes, but it’s also very luxurious and the M161 on display was only a new variant

The rest is up to you. Voting closes in four days time!

#Polls Close 21:00 GMT Wednesday 24th May 2017

9 Likes

Excellent presentation, and cars too! Maybe one day I’ll get a chance to take part in one of these showings.

1 Like

One day left to vote guys! And in the mean times, here’s something to keep you going…

4 Likes

The first round is now done, and I’m proud to announce the winners for Best In Category!

#Best Compact
There was a very clear favorite here, and it was the all-round excellent Baltazar Quasar Hatch, congratulations @Leonardo9613!
Also, honorable mention goes to the Bonham Chaucer Estate which I forgot to add into the sedan category.

#Best Sedan
Amazingly, the car that won this category wasn’t even named correctly, it’s the Sachiuri sL1000, congratulations @Rk38!

#Best Low End Performance
Quite a close battle here with the gorgeous Zavir Luna Spider getting 1/3 of the vote, but in the end, it was Gavin’s favorite car that won this, the Zenshi Nimessa Newman R, congratulations @Grandea!

#Best High End Performance
Another close battle, with the Zenshi Altrea Newman R and LaVache Ramjet RT5-R both getting strong votes, but the stunning Rennen Angeles R beat them in the end, congratulations @titleguy1!

#Best Sportscar/Supercar/Hypercar
The consensus is very clear here, and that’s that it’s the remarkable Sachirui Sagitta is the voters favorite, congratulations @Rk38!

#Best SUV
A very close battle indeed, with all cars getting at least one vote. However, the Zenshi Pike managed to best the Shromet Avalore with a 2 vote lead. Congratulations @Grandea!

So then, for the first time in the history of me running these polls, we have two companies with two cars each nominated into the Best In Show category. It should certainly be an interesting vote!

#Best In Show

#Polls Close 18:00 GMT Saturday 27th May 2017

5 Likes